Thread: Sanibel

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2006 Minnesota Posts: 177
    Heading to Sanibel over spring break and wondering if anyone can suggest a nice condo complex to rent from. Their are many complexes on the island but since I have never been to the island I am looking for a little guidance. After the 14 inches of snow today, I am ready to go. Thanks for your assistance.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2003 Saint Louis Posts: 3,460
    Go see MartinS instead : ) It's a great place to take the kids and not as crowded as Sanibel.

SBH Member Joined: Nov 2006 Minnesota Posts: 177
    Several families are going and this is the place they decided to go. Going with the flow :)

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2003 Saint Louis Posts: 3,460
    I have family who always stay at South Seas or something like that.

Sanibel is beautiful but I don't know much about rentals there. AMI, I could help...maybe next year ; )

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2005 Sarasota, Florida Posts: 1,776
    glenr...I lived on Sanibel for 10 years....lots of great choices..what is important to you...luxury--laid back Florida cottages--??. Casa Ybel is nice, as is Sundial...for large complexes...smaller ones like the Gallery or Song of the Sea are more intimate...Sanibel Inn is medium size...South Seas is nice, but that is Captiva not Sanibel, but is just a 100' bridge difference...tons of other options..pm me if you have specifics....
    "Yes I am a Pirate"

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 NYC Posts: 1,393
    go to captiva and stay at the south seas Plantation.....but you should go to the Mucky Duck and the Bubble Room...both fun places
    Today is the oldest you've ever been, yet it's the youngest you will ever be......so........ENJOY THE DAY

SBH Member Joined: May 2007 California Posts: 125
    We will be at Pointe Santo complex in early February and will let you know how it is. There are 5 or 6 units available on VRBO though I don't know whether they are booked when you are visiting.

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2005 Sarasota, Florida Posts: 1,776
    ...Tourist traps....Sorry...Try the Lazy Flamingo At Blind Pass or Mc T's or The Jacaranda..
    "Yes I am a Pirate"

SBH Member Joined: May 2007 California Posts: 125
    We are now at Pointe Santo. The complex shows it age, but that is pretty standard on Sanibel. A little light on community amenities. Pool is small. A few community barbecues and a hot tub and that is about it. Good access to beach and well located mid-island.