JEK

Senior Insider
Should Bob Dylan retire?
1291400053-Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_1.11.13_PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_1.11.13_PM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_1.11.13_PM.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 63
NOPE! If the folks in the pictures still want to be ON THE ROAD AGAIN, then God Bless and let 'em!

The crowds keep showing up so the above must have something that makes attending their concerts is still worthwhile.

Voosh said:
I saw Bob Dylan at a rather small venue with some friends from Europe a few years ago. They said "That ain't Dylan!" I said "Yep it is, you asked, I got tickets. That's today's Dylan."

Sometimes yesterday is nice to fall back on and enjoy the sunrises without pretending today is what happened yesterday. IMHO.

BTW. Willie touring Texas and getting busted recently at one of those ICE checkpoints well into the state for some piddly amount of smoke -

My understanding is that he stood up in the tour bus and said "I'm in charge here. It's my stuff." A hero who looks out for all with him. IMHO.

Locals arrested him and he's facing jail time. Local sheriff was quoted as saying - "He'll serve food and clean toilets just as any criminal in our jail does."

We have had a tsunami of shops open up here for growing supplies and "starter kits" since they made grass a legal medical option. Feds are flustered. But are, to their credit, staying out of the local fray.

Heroin use is on the rise here among young folks. Thank you Afghanistan!

Many "older" folks toke (even local judges and others) around here. They handle their responsibilities, well, very responsibly. All are frustrated about the massive influx of really bad drugs that keep flowing in. "Someone's protecting all this at the expense of our nation" is a quote I hear all the time.

If there was a "war on drugs," it was a Gitmo for the little street punks. What a joke. The real criminals are still sipping cognac and checking their offshore accounts to see what next expensive toy to buy.

IMHO

[I will probably delete this post soon. Ya never know who's watching and tracking.]

Click.

I agree with Amy. As long as they have a following and offer good entertainment in the view of their fans, more power to them. Look at Tony Bennett, for example----he has turned in some fine performances lately..

Dylan is as good now as he has ever been
Seen him more times than Buffett- 3 times in 2009 !
In '99 he won both a Grammy and an Oscar( and the Oscar travels with him- sits behind him on a speaker in every show since he won it )
His Christmas album last year proves he is as enigmatic as he ever has been over the last 50 years
There is nobody like him-When you think "modern music" / " roots music", you think: Stephen Foster, Jimmie Rogers, Ella, Sinatra, Billie, Hank Williams, Elvis, Bob Marley,Brian Wilson ,Johnny Cash and at the top- Dylan.He changed the way the world thinks

OK. To be fair. Maybe I caught Dylan on a bad, really bad night. I'll give it another shot next time he's in town. (Yes, I did miss him here in Oct. since I was out of town.)

I have the entire "Blonde on Blonde" album playing right now. Preceded that with "Baby, Let Me Follow You Down" from the first album. Great stuff.

Although newer on the music scene, ZZ Top still really kick it out. Last year I saw them at the same smaller venue where I saw Dylan. They were as dynamic as they were 30 years ago.

Voosh said:
Although newer on the music scene, ZZ Top still really kick it out. Last year I saw them at the same smaller venue where I saw Dylan. They were as dynamic as they were 30 years ago.

Oh Lord, has ZZ Top been around for that long? I remember Rio Grande Mud.

Actually, ZZ Top was formed in 1969 (41 years ago!) They still kick it out incredibly.

I thought my shoelaces came untied and socks almost flew off on their own as I sat on the side of the stage.

It was an impromptu concert when Aerosmith had to cancel at a big venue they were all scheduled at. The ZZs stuck around just to play for all their fans here.

OK ladies, don't kick me too hard. I figgered this might be of interest to some members of the forum. :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqF7ZGfFaD0

Rivertrash,

For you -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BotklRwMgW0

of course they did....but they also started to write these ridiculous pop songs... so great songs like "Fool For Your Stockings" and "Le Grange" gave way to crap like "Sharp Dressed Man" and "Tube Snake Boggie"

lloyd said:
Dylan is as good now as he has ever been
Seen him more times than Buffett- 3 times in 2009 !
In '99 he won both a Grammy and an Oscar( and the Oscar travels with him- sits behind him on a speaker in every show since he won it )
His Christmas album last year proves he is as enigmatic as he ever has been over the last 50 years
There is nobody like him-

I want to go to Bob's Christmas party:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8qE6WQmNus