The Storming of St. Barth in Vanity Fair

JEK

Senior Insider
I don't have the hardcopy (or the softcopy for that matter), but it looks like there is an article of interest in the January issue.
med_1291376797-Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_6.44.41_AM.jpg

med_1291384931-220-stbarths.jpg

The Storming of St. Barth’s
It’s the usual mad season on St. Barth’s as the super-rich and super-chic jet in for their holiday revels, but one particular visitor, American hotelier André Balazs, is causing a frenzy. Many locals fear that Balazs’s proposal for a 40-bungalow “eco-resort” on the island&’s most pristine (and protected) beach, Saline, has the backing of President Bruno Magras and St. Barth’s powerful ruling families. Vicky Ward plunges into the roiling waters of a debate over the future of paradise.

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_6.44.41_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-12-03_at_6.44.41_AM.jpg
    328.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 220-stbarths.jpg
    220-stbarths.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 298
hmmmm..provocative title...new mags just came in yesterday to the shop...I'll have to check it out

Mine in the mail a couple of days ago.
This writer really did their homework.
But...President Bruno Magras a "Scorpion" by Tradewind's Zara?
Seemed the article overlooked the many positive things he's done on behaf of St.Barth.

wow!..just read it...powerful stuff.... a lot of superficial polyanna layers are peeled back to portray an island with some pretty pronounced internal polarizations in regards to the islands destiny and its choice of path going forward.... if you believe the article, people are starting to get pissed!!!....well good for them, because having lived through this more than once....that's what its going to take to even marginally win...its a stacked deck that wins more than it loses....honestly you can fill in so many resorts name in the places where St Barts is in the article and it would describe almost anywhere...the issues are all the same..its like adolescence...no one can avoid it, we all have to go through it, but everyone can certainly deal with it differently which will effect the eventual outcome

love the comment that people at Eden Rock, blithely pay 100 dollars for a vegetable plate and a half bottle of rose.... :D :D

Mike R said:
love the comment that people at Eden Rock, blithely pay 100 dollars for a vegetable plate and a half bottle of rose.... :D :D

Yeah, but if you think in Euros its only €74 :D :D

LOL..yeah..true dat..that makes it sooooo much better.....LOL

..the Bruno looks like Charles Bronson comment was pretty funny too

Eve aka coco2626 said:
Mike and I have been vindicated! yay!

never Eve..not around here in foo foo land!..

we will always be the oddballs...the renegades

you have to accept that going in...and love them anyway......LOL

Why would Vanity Fair run a current article based on a year-old article that is now factually incorrect.

Am I missing something?

elgreaux said:
Eve aka coco2626 said:
Hey, I was corrected before. It's "frou frou"!

no, its foo foo.. as in foo foo fighters!

No, no, no it's foo foo as in Little Bunny Foo Foo... You know the children's tune... :D :D

Little Bunny Foo Foo,
Hopping through the forest
Scooping up the field mice
And boppin' 'em on the head