• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Restaurant Recommendations

shoreboy

We are on the island for 5 days and nights.
Definite lunches:
La Plage
Sand Bar
Le Select
Definite dinners:
Le Gaiac
On the Rocks
Eddy's
Considering:
Sante Fe
Andys
Wall House
Nikki Beach for lunch
Bonito
Any recommendations would be appreciated as well as which would be better for lunch or dinner.
If I have missed any "must go's" please let me know,
Thanks

That's a nice list but I would make Santa Fe a must do for lunch at least. LeRepaire is great for lunch or dinner too.

You have a good list there! We love Andy's for lunch as well as dinner. Lunch features his regular crew at their own big table and it is an event! Maya's would have to be on my dinner list for a 5 day stay. Enjoy!

I would pick wall house over Gaiac. Are you there for a Sunday? This we may hit Gaiac brunch for a change

I'd go opposite of Eve.....keep Le Gaiac and ditch Wall House. I had a very underwellming meal at the Wall House last year, but I understand things have changed since then though.

I'd also ditch Le Select in favor of a higher end place. I know that's blasphemy to some, but for food, it's similar to what you get at the nearest little league field. Then again, sometime you just want a burger and fries and don't feel like dropping 200 euro.

My wife and I had a super memorable meal at the Isle de France last year....great food, great view, toes in the sand. Bliss. I'd go back in a heart beat.

Whatever else you add for lunch, pick a place with a view of the ocean. You won't get that at night.

Le Select would sure not be a meal choice. Maybe a beer choice.
I was giving the Wall House the benefit of the doubt.

Select is the best bar on the planet. One needs something to keep all those Ti Punch from sloshing around and the Marius Burger is just the thing.
2546458340_5df8d59d1f_o.jpg

JEK said:
Select is the best bar on the planet. One needs something to keep all those Ti Punch from sloshing around and the Marius Burger is just the thing.
2546458340_5df8d59d1f_o.jpg

Exactly. Hell, I'd probably do Select twice for lunch in a 5 day stay.

It still amazes me we have frequent posters that have never been in or perhaps only once. We aren't everyday Select folks, but I am if I can give my wife the slip :) She is good for a couple of burgers per trip.

How about one doesn't go to SBH for hamburgers or maybe doesn't eat hamburgers on a regular basis? Or heaven forbid- doesn't like Select's hamburgers.

The subject photo was of a half eaten hamburger- ugh. I go to Select to wait for the stores to open and I have a beer- whooppee

Try a Ti Punch the next time you are in and it will put you in the mood for a cheeseburger.

I am with you on this one Andy. I would eat there if I were on island for a long time and got sick of all the other places. Or if that is just where I happened to be at noon

Andynap said:
How about one doesn't go to SBH for hamburgers or maybe doesn't eat hamburgers on a regular basis? Or heaven forbid- doesn't like Select's hamburgers.

we are in Select once and sometimes twice a day, everyday, but I only have the burger once, maybe twice...Wendi loves the salads....it isnt just about the burger by any stretch

Eve aka coco2626 said:
ok then I will give it a go in feb.

yes but let me qualify this all by saying I would probably not want to go to Select in high season during the day and deal with all the day trippers and cruisers etc... that is not the Select I am referring to...that is not the Select I go to....the Select I go to is at a time of year when you park very near by and there a few tourists and a few locals and the vibe is very much on the down low and relaxing.....Select in high season would probably make me cry...or puke...or both...LOL