Why Not Buy An iPad Now?

rivertrash

Senior Insider
My daughter wants to buy an iPad but someone told her she should wait till after January 1. Is there any good reason for that? Are they coming out with a new model or something?

Given the choice between a new DSLR and an iPad I went with the DSLR. Which miraculously showed up today a day early, so I'll get some time in the AZ desert with it this weekend.

I don't know of any reason to hold off until January, but someone else might. I'm actually holding out for a Christmas Surprise... But not from Apple...

What camera did you decide on? Hope you have fun with it.

I told my daughter she should at least wait till after Christmas to see what Santa might bring, but delayed gratification is not favored in this house.

Rivertrash said:
What camera did you decide on? Hope you have fun with it.

I told my daughter she should at least wait till after Christmas to see what Santa might bring, but delayed gratification is not favored in this house.

Delayed gratification is not favored in my house either. I went with the Nikon D3100 in a package with 18-55 and 55-200 lenses. The 32GB card doesn't show up until tomorrow, but the pair of 8GB cards that *cough* fell into my hands today will hold me for the long weekend.

I wouldn't expect a new model any time soon. The iPad isn't even for sale in all markets yet, they're going to miss the xmas sales to half of Europe if they don't start soon.