a few new dishes....

MIke R

Senior Insider
well it isnt Mayas frozen scallops....

but we experimented today with a few new recipes

I made a hearty veal stew which the girls weren't in the mood for

so they made this casserole with fresh picked apples off our tree, fresh dug carrots, brown rice..egg as a binder... some chopped walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg.....very tasty!

5133650434_348e78ff3f.jpg

and than for dessert, again we took some fresh picked apples.. cored them..stuffed them with chopped pecans,raisins,brown sugar and butter and LOTS of vanilla rhum...

5133643978_099b9695aa.jpg

Both sound just right for this chilly Halloween. So does the veal stew. I like the heart bowls. We expect none point none trick or treaters, which is a shame. So the Heath Bars will be crumbled over vanilla ice cream and stewed apples with cinnamon and a whisper of rhum vanille. Or maybe I will flame the rum! A little action to compensate for lack of the little ones at the door. It could work.

no trick or treaters here at the house... far too "out there"....but the resort did all the Trick or Treat hoopla last night so we re good to go

Must be very nice and quiet. I am shocked. A soccer team of 14 girls just arrived and wiped us out! Luckily I heard them coming through the leaves and stuck two Heath Bars behind a cushion. This proved unnecessary. It was all about the Snickers and Hersey Bars.

No Tricksters 15 years in a row- we buy candy anyway just in case ONE gets lost and shows up by accident. I had to go to my son's house to see costumes. The little one is an NFL ref- LOL

5133943854_968851ae6a_o.jpg

Andy, your daughter is stunning and the kids looked great!
Lena and that iPod boy in Virginia are my favorites this year.
Amy