Secure Passwords

jeffbg

SBH Insider
For all you Mac fans out there (and windows in beta now too), that want to secure your passwords, credit card info, site logins and so on.

Check out 1password by Agile Web Solutions. They have iPhone and iPad applications too. Best of all, your master password database can be saved to Dropbox and then you can very easily have the most up-to-date copy anywhere you are running the application.

No affiliation -- just a recent convert to this software.

- Jeff

Likewise for ages.

It can even save you from a hardware crash if you also put the 1Password license to the Dropbox. We travelled just with an Acer netbook running OS X to the Antarctica and of course, being a cheap piece of plastic, it broke -- low humidity and thus plenty of static electricity there. Next on our trip were Argentina and New Zealand so I bought a new Macbook from NZ, great price due the currency rates at the time (Argentina is very expensive for Macs). Installed both Dropbox and 1Password, got the 1Password license from Dropbox, and had all the passwords back -- on the other side of the world.

We also used Dropbox extensively for travel details, flights, accommodation, car rentals, copies of passports, visas, etc. If everything else fails, you can still access them from any computer with a browser. When you book things while on the road, you don't really the option to print everything.

With 1Password it's also great that you can use more difficult, and different passwords to all sites.

Okay, so I'm a late bloomer with regard to secure passwords!

With regard to trip details and reservations and the like, on our recent trip to Europe, we used Evernote for all of this. Downloaded the notebooks to our iphones and then had the data even when we didn't have internet coverage.

That way, we could search and organize the data easily into notebooks with tags.

Evernote is fantastic as well.

- Jeff

Oh, I suppose this belongs in the music or EE thread.

Yes. I self-deleted. BF Springfield and "For What It's Worth" and "OHIO."

Paranioa runs deep. Simple solution. IMHO. Smell the fresh air. Great your sisters and brothers that you meet as family.

There's always folks out there that get rampant. Usually, a little talk can defuse the situation. Unfortunately, sometimes it's more than a kick in the arse. I really hate those moments. I do and hate having to do it. I like most folks I meet. I'm sorry to encounter those that devolve. I have hopes and prayers for them too. Never too late to get back into the world. IMHO.

Yep, for travel documents Evernote is quite similar to using Dropbox.

Dropbox is more like a "USB memory stick in the cloud", making it very versatile for storing pretty much anything, from documents to data files, even applications and backups. Dropbox also keeps a local copy on the Mac or Windows, with the iPhone/iPad you need to mark Favourites for local copies.

PS. 1Password is for Windows as well.

Petri,

I hate flying through heavy clouds. Instruments get me through. Or, I get above the scatter. It all works out. But, too much junk on the market these days. IMHO.

V.

Just loaded Dropbox on all my devices = iMac, Macbook Pro, Macbook Air, iPhone and iPad. I'm in sync!

I don't believe I seriously used the word cloud :D

I hate all those marketing words for something simple that have existed for years.. thought if in the right mood, I can generate such a great marketing crap that everyone is amazed :p

1287949006-buzzwordbingo-thispost_2.jpg

Attachments

• buzzwordbingo-thispost_2.jpg
    buzzwordbingo-thispost_2.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 63