First Snow!!!

MIke R

Senior Insider
yes I know it isn't much at all..BUT ITS A START!!!

1287756334-asnow.jpg

Attachments

• asnow.jpg
    asnow.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 118
We're so close to the first snow "down here" next to the sea as well.. I'll be putting the studded winter tires to the car tomorrow.

Mike R said:
Petri..you'll be pleased to know we have Nokian Tires on 3 of the 4 cars

Need to buy their shares :D

We had their Hakkapeliitta 4 studded tires on the old car but I haven't yet checked what we got with our current Golf 1.2 TSI.

The new Hakkapeliitta 7's have got stellar reviews in the nordic tests for this winter (there's an annual test that the countries do together), but their tires have been at the top three or so pretty much all the time. Very popular in Russia, they even have a big factory there. The winter tires for central Europe are just piece of crap in our weather, had them for one winter and it was better to take the bus instead.

They also make summer tires but I'm not familiar with them.

Nokian Tires used to be part of the Nokia known today as the mobile phone company but they split back in 1988.

I love em.....you guys over there know how to make a tire...without a doubt its the quietest SUV tire I have ever had..no hum or whine whatsoever...we got 60 thousand miles out of the last set and thats beating them up pretty good..for one we live on a private unpaved road..and now they are on both Subarus

HiHo

Just got off the phone with Karen and she says they are having flurries down in Gilford. I noticed on the Intellicast radar yesterday you were getiing snow up in Waterville and Mt Washington.

yep....Lloyd and Pat just walked into the shop and its spitting snow as I write this..tell Karen we had a terrific meal at Lago on the Lake in Meredeth the other night

Mike R said:
tell Karen we had a terrific meal at Lago on the Lake in Meredeth the other night

I like Lago for lunch. Try the Lakehouse Restaurant in the Church Landing hotel, another of the Inns at Mills Falls, sometime.