amazon -- Best books of 2010 (so far)

Good list. I just finished The Imperfectionists - interesting novel. Each chapter is about one of the characters in an English language newspaper in Rome. It's very well written.

Just Kids was one of my favorites this year....great read....Big Short was just ok...Matterhorn was good

I can think of a bunch that could go in place of some of these though

a couple??..sure..but keep in mind I much prefer non fiction and this seems like a fiction heavy crowd in here....not that there is anything wrong with that

A Captain's Duty - Somali Pirates, Navy Seals, and Dangerous Days at Sea
by Richard Phillips and Stephan Talty

easily the best read of the year for me

The Murderer's Daughters by Randy Susan Meyers

powerful read...

For the record, The Lacuna was a 2009 book that I read in 2010-I could not edit it out of the post.

Well, I realized a tad too late that the thread was for 2010 books-Andy, you know I try hard to play by the rules.

Rosemary you are too kind-Can't go Mets-they are long gone from this race. Usually, I can say WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR-the old Brooklyn Dodgers Fall lament. With the Mets, they probably need a few years to get their house in order. A disorganized baseball organization in need of strong leadership and a take no prisoners ownership-I just don't see either happening.

Yes- that was a pleasant surprise for me especially since it was the maiden book for the author.