R&R Hall of Fame 2011

JEK

Senior Insider
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The nominations for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011 were announced Tuesday.

The nominees are:

Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Chic
Neil Diamond
Donovan
Dr. John
J. Geils Band
LL Cool J
Darlene Love
Laura Nyro
Donna Summer
Joe Tex
Tom Waits
Chuck Willis

Re: &R Hall of Fame 2011

JEK said:
CLEVELAND, OH (WOIO) - The nominations for induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2011 were announced Tuesday.

The nominees are:

Alice Cooper
Beastie Boys
Bon Jovi
Chic
Neil Diamond
Donovan
Dr. John
J. Geils Band
LL Cool J
Darlene Love
Laura Nyro
Donna Summer
Joe Tex
Tom Waits
Chuck Willis

wow....weak field IMHO

Neil Diamond for sure....Alice Cooper yep...Dr John for sure......Bon Jovi maybe...J Geils is my favorite of that gang ( pre MTV sell out ) but I am not sure they deserve Hall of Fame status

A lot of artists already in . . .
1285711157-Screen_shot_2010-09-28_at_5.57.17_PM.jpg

http://rockhall.com/inductees/

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-09-28_at_5.57.17_PM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-09-28_at_5.57.17_PM.jpg
    285.3 KB · Views: 57

yeah I know but it is a compelling statement than when you see how weak the field is getting.....
dont get me wrong, I like many on that list...but HOF worthy???>..not so sure

I think the only one deserving is Diamond. The rest haven't done enough to be called hall of famers.

We saw him in concert in 1975 and he is still drawing a crowd. Look through the list going back to the first year, 1986. Too many categories and too many inductees. My thought.

I think he's the only one to produce a body of work to warrant a nomination. I had to think about Donovan & Darlene Love, though. They're close... Always liked J. Geils, but c'mon...

Laura Nyro had that large body of work that was very successful for other artists - Wedding Bell Blues, Stone Soul Picnic...and J. Geils deserves some kind of award for all the fun I had while they were on the radio all those years ago. This seems big for that, though.

Tom Waits for sure.....

Don't know if you remember or not but back in the days of the golden age of rock and roll at the Jersey Shore in the summer...when Bruce and Southside were kickin it in Asbury PK...J Geils was just down the road in Belmar at D Jais blowing the roof off with their horn section and their in your face rock ...but still not HOF worthy

Didn't know J Geils played Belmar. They were a Boston area band. Unless they get points for Peter Wolf once being married to Faye Dunaway ( I give him points for that), they aren't HOF material.

Theresa turned me on to their Album "The Mix Up" which is all instrumental songs...very cool stuff

Beasties are great fun, but not worthy of HofF.

Every year I hope to hear that Rush is being inducted. Still waiting.

Rush is good..but not worthy...

Tommy TuTone
Toni Basil
Flock of Seagulls
Bay City Rollers
Rick Springfield
Oingo Boingo

these are the guys who got hosed