Thread: Portugal report

SBH Insider Joined: Mar 2003 Denver, Co Posts: 2,817

Portugal report

Bom Dia!
    Back from a great trip. The Algarve was beautiful as ever, but much more crowded than just 4 years ago. We learned that many people from the U.K. are buying retirement places there, as well as renting the several new apts. for the summer. It is still much cheaper than the rest of Europe. Beers €1 at happy hour, and a fresh dorade dinner can go for €6-€7.
    The grotto trip in Lagos was awesome, the people were wonderful, and the fish was great. I dare say, that I had the best sole there I have ever had!!! (Gotta go Amy!).
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance !

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2008 Glen Cove,L. I., NY Posts: 27,581
    Linda and Bill-great to see you enjoying yet another great destination. Wonderful sights, people, and food. Good job, Amy
    Remember Yesterday, Dream About Tomorrow, But Live Today.

SBH Member Joined: Jul 2007 Posts: 234

Re: Portugal report

How great, Linda!!

Been very curious about this area and so love the photos . . . also glad to somewhat confirm that it appears to be an area where one could really get away, relax in an unassuming and beautiful place; and for quite a while on not a ton of money!

Merci!

SBH Insider Joined: Aug 2005 Tyler, Texas and Beaver Creek, Colorado Posts: 4,648

Great photos. Thanks for sharing them with us. You and Bill look great. Glad you had a good time.
    To the optimist the glass is half full.
    To the pessimist the glass is half empty.
    To the engineer the glass is simply too big.

SBH Insider Joined: Nov 2003 CT Posts: 3,137

Thanks, Linda. Haven't been to Portugal in many years---makes me want to visit again. You and Bill look terrific. Next to Petri, you are the most-traveled people on the forum!

SBH Insider Joined: Oct 2006 Milwaukee, Wisconsin Posts: 436
    Linda,

Thanks for taking the time to post a non-SBH trip report. Lovely pictures. I might have to add this to our trip list.

Sam

SBH Insider Joined: Jan 2004 Helsinki, Finland Posts: 7,968

Quote Originally Posted by julia
    Thanks, Linda. Haven't been to Portugal in many years---makes me want to visit again. You and Bill look terrific. Next to Petri, you are the most-traveled people on the forum!
    http://mosttraveledpeople.com/

Americans are leading but two finns in the top 10!

PS. And the report looks great! Need to visit Portugal, never been there but I've tried to find decent flights a few times..

Moderator Joined: Jun 2003 Vélo, Virginia Posts: 16,797

Linda,

Very nice report and photos. Looks like a great place for a visit, and you sure can't beat the price!
    The best moderation is the least moderation.

SBH Insider Joined: Apr 2003 Saint Louis Posts: 3,460
    Thanks, Linda...looks like a beautiful place...enjoyed the pics.

SBH Insider Joined: Jul 2007 Austin, Texas Posts: 17,557
    i'm sure there are awesome memories/stories to go with each of these photographs! for some reason, i think you might be thinking of amyb and her love of dover sole in the photograph of you and bill at the restaurant with the fish platter in the foreground.

....and what's up with ALL the freakin' stairs leading down to the beach? i mean....really???? that makes the colombier hike look like a walk in the park!

i'm lovin' the intricate tile work, too!

thank you for a brief look into portugal, linda!
    The waves of the sea bring me back to me.