Portugal report

LindaP

Senior Insider
Bom Dia!
Back from a great trip. The Algarve was beautiful as ever, but much more crowded than just 4 years ago. We learned that many people from the U.K. are buying retirement places there, as well as renting the several new apts. for the summer. It is still much cheaper than the rest of Europe. Beers €1 at happy hour, and a fresh dorade dinner can go for €6-€7.
The grotto trip in Lagos was awesome, the people were wonderful, and the fish was great. I dare say, that I had the best sole there I have ever had!!! (Gotta go Amy!).
1285612020-Cascais.jpg
1285612089-Albuferia___falesia_hotel.jpg
1285612213-fish_market__Lagos.jpg
1285612314-Polvo__octopus_.jpg
1285612337-Albuferia.jpg
1285612360-Praiao_do_Camilo_beach.jpg
1285612403-Castello_de_Belem.jpg
1285612433-Lagos_tile.jpg

Attachments

• Cascais.jpg
    Cascais.jpg
    448 KB · Views: 27
  • Albuferia___falesia_hotel.jpg
    Albuferia___falesia_hotel.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 29
  • fish_market__Lagos.jpg
    fish_market__Lagos.jpg
    448.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Polvo__octopus_.jpg
    Polvo__octopus_.jpg
    445.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Albuferia.jpg
    Albuferia.jpg
    434.1 KB · Views: 27
  • Praiao_do_Camilo_beach.jpg
    Praiao_do_Camilo_beach.jpg
    462 KB · Views: 27
  • Castello_de_Belem.jpg
    Castello_de_Belem.jpg
    463.8 KB · Views: 28
  • Lagos_tile.jpg
    Lagos_tile.jpg
    455.9 KB · Views: 27
Linda and Bill-great to see you enjoying yet another great destination. Wonderful sights, people, and food. Good job, Amy

How great, Linda!!

Been very curious about this area and so love the photos . . . also glad to somewhat confirm that it appears to be an area where one could really get away, relax in an unassuming and beautiful place; and for quite a while on not a ton of money!

Merci!

Thanks, Linda. Haven't been to Portugal in many years---makes me want to visit again. You and Bill look terrific. Next to Petri, you are the most-traveled people on the forum!

Linda,

Thanks for taking the time to post a non-SBH trip report. Lovely pictures. I might have to add this to our trip list.

Sam

julia said:
Thanks, Linda. Haven't been to Portugal in many years---makes me want to visit again. You and Bill look terrific. Next to Petri, you are the most-traveled people on the forum!

http://mosttraveledpeople.com/

Americans are leading but two finns in the top 10! :D

PS. And the report looks great! Need to visit Portugal, never been there but I've tried to find decent flights a few times..

Linda,

Very nice report and photos. Looks like a great place for a visit, and you sure can't beat the price!

i'm sure there are awesome memories/stories to go with each of these photographs! for some reason, i think you might be thinking of amyb and her love of dover sole in the photograph of you and bill at the restaurant with the fish platter in the foreground.

....and what's up with ALL the freakin' stairs leading down to the beach? i mean....really???? that makes the colombier hike look like a walk in the park!

i'm lovin' the intricate tile work, too!

thank you for a brief look into portugal, linda!