andynap

Senior Insider
Today's lunch

4968495814_6d435e59cb_o.jpg

Phyl had Clams Annie- baked with crabmeat, scallions, bacon & cheese

4967887993_ab3b174505_o.jpg

and cheese fries- oy

4967888061_8cc15697cf_o.jpg

Great lunch choices. I guess it's too late to ask you to save a fry for me-just foolin'!

Great looking food, Andy. I must make a trip up there where I can get that wonderful seafood. In spite of living within a couple hundred miles of the Gulf of Mexico, we rarely get really good fresh seafood.

Nothing against catfish and hushpuppies. I eat it often! But it ain't "seafood." It's "pondfood." Farmed. And I've even heard it's frozen.

I used to love catching catfish and having a fish fry....I guess technically its not seafood....thin line though

Rivertrash said:
Great looking food, Andy. I must make a trip up there where I can get that wonderful seafood. In spite of living within a couple hundred miles of the Gulf of Mexico, we rarely get really good fresh seafood.

Try the mail order from G & M Restaurant in Linthicum, MD. They overnight them and they are some of the best crab cakes I've ever had. They have a mail order menu.

:p

yeah they got em.......but I like to get some peekytoe crabmeat from Maine and make them with that

It's hard to get Blue Claw crabmeat here anymore unless you go down the shore. Everything here is Pasteurized in a can from some Asian country. Crabmeat is so expensive and perishable the fish stores stopped carrying the good stuff.

yep....the most perishable of all the shellfish

and I dont want any part of that pastueurized in a can crap...

when I am at the coast I grab some fresh stuff to make something with it, but otherwise I would rather have none if it isn't fresh picked

If I am really hard up I'll buy some Canned but I use it in a gratin so the other ingredients give it some flavor.