• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Where is that store?

SBHgirl

SBH Insider
I had someone PT me asking me about the jewlery store owner in NW Fl.(They thought I owned the store : I wish I did)I think it is in Seaside Fl. Can someone answer this ? for the poster. They thought I was the owner but I am not. Thanks for your input. I think they sell pearls?

the store is in seaside and it's called la vie est belle. it's owned by jean-noel mignot. his parents are maryovnne and gerard who own bijoux de la mer which is in st. barths...gustavia, to be exact.

the girl i deal with there (in seaside) is aimee. she is awesome. if you, or whomever requested the intel, go there, ask for her and tell her i (missy lamb) said hello!

So if I query about a random jewelry store in a random town anywhere in the world, there's a good chance Missy will have shopped there, made BFF's with the owner, and can get me a discount? :)

gramchop said:
the girl i deal with there (in seaside) is aimee. she is awesome. if you, or whomever requested the intel, go there, ask for her and tell her i (missy lamb) said hello!

What a coincidence! Earlier this evening I gave my wife a necklace purchased from Aimee at La Vie Est Belle. Some time ago I asked about the store in Gustavia (Bijoux de la Mer) and Kevin passed along the link to La Vie Est Belle that had been posted earlier by Missy. When I talked to Aimee last week to order the necklace, I didn't know Missy knew her or I would have gone for the discount. Missy is right -- Aimee is a pleasure to deal with. And by the way -- my wife loves it. I done good.

I adore pearls and I‘ve been a customer of both stores, the one in Gustavia (Bijoux de la Mer) and La Vie Est Belle (Thank you, Missy, for your intelligence!) The collections and designs are somewhat similar in both stores. The service at la vie est belle is super. The prices are better too. Highly recommended. And yes, Aimee is a gem.

I just got off the phone with Aimee, ordering my wife a bracelet for our upcoming anniversary. Aimee couldn't have been more pleasant.

This forum is a wealth of information. Much thanks to all the posters.

Missy - you should be getting a percentage from business generated here! I'm tempted to call myself...can anyone give me the idea of what a single black pearl necklace goes for??

wow....i go visit my granddaughter for a few days and you all go shopping without me! what gives?

i am thrilled beyond belief that you all have found aimee and that you have fallen in love with her! as far as a discount? i get zilch...zero...nada....nothing! i pay the crazy prices just like the rest of ya!!!

diane....it depends on how large or small the pearl is. i'd venture to say less than $200. but....i could be wrong!!!

dick....i can SO see cecie in a beautiful la vie est belle bauble...you DID done good, mon ami!!!

their new website:
www.JNWMignot.com
I e-mailed to Aimee and let her know that she gets a lot of compliments on the forum. Here is her reply:
"Hi everyone. I am Aimee with La Vie Est Belle. I have never ever blogged and it was so fun reading the various posts (is that the right lingo?). Thank you to those who said such sweet things, you have made my entire week!"

yay....it's great to hear from aimee....! my granddaughter and i are together this week (she lives in austin, i live in new orleans) and we are wearing our matching pearl bracelets!

here's sofia back in june at la vie est belle chillin' with G Dog, the shop dog!

4968569905_2d2dcb2994_b.jpg

Lovely photo-my how your nurse has grown in just a little bit over a year. Hi Sofia and thank you for helping Mimi get better from the bee stings.

she is the joy of my life....and she LOVES her bracelet from la vie est belle almost as much as her mimi loves her's!

can't you just see her frolicking on shell beach (once the shells come back)?