Steve Tyler/ Judge on AI

andynap

Senior Insider
Steven Tyler Tells Friend He's an 'American Idol' Judge
Posted Aug 19th 2010 09:04AM

Speaking on the condition of anonymity, a friend of Steven Tyler told the Associated Press that the Aerosmith frontman is confirmed as a judge on the upcoming season of 'American Idol.'

"While an official announcement about Tyler has yet to come from FOX and the producers of the top-rated show, the source told The Associated Press on Wednesday, 'there is no reason to refute' Tyler's account," the AP writes.

Been hearing this .....hope it's true. Love him and it will be a hoot!!!! In a recent concert he fell off the stage again, good that he will be sitting in a chair for this gig!

Sorry, but let me be the first to say that American Idol has now officially "jumped the shark".

Jumping The Shark refers back to the Happy Days episode where Fonzie jumped over a shark while on water skis.

From Wikipedia: "Jumping the shark is an idiom used to describe the moment of downturn for a previously successful enterprise. The phrase was originally used to denote the point in a television program's history where the plot spins off into absurd story lines or unlikely characterizations. These changes were often the result of efforts to revive interest in a show whose audience had begun to decline, usually through the employment of different actors, writers or producers"

Amy- I'll probably beat him to it. When I do, I expect he'll know where I can get Depends on island.

gramchop said:
i'm excited about this!! i'm a HUGE aerosmith fan!
me to ...huge..but what I would like to know is how does such a weird looking man have such a hot daughter

LOL, andy...that was good.

Jumping the shark started long ago on here when IV or some other person would get completely off topic in a thread...it happened like, every hour, lol. It was actually pretty funny stuff most of the time.