Corolla Wild Horses

Missy - I am so sorry you missed the horses. They are beautiful animals. We were fortunate to drink our coffee every morning with them munching away, probably on Tim's efforts to keep the dunes intact. I hope you get a chance to visit the Outer Banks again. I love the Fall when all the tourists leave. It is an amazing stretch of coast with many opportunities for photographs.

Charlotte

GC: You have a good eye for beach photo ops. Did you have a 4WD to get to Corolla?

A few weeks ago, I saw some horses on Assateague Island:

P1000644.JPG

josh...my vehicle had 4 WD but we didn't go 'off-roading' in search of the horses. i think if i REALLY wanted to see them, i would've found them. i didn't want to do a tour (i will avoid a 'tour' at all costs) so we just did our own thing.

charlotte...i WILL be back in the fall and spend more than just a few hours there. do you have any lodging suggestions you'd be willing to share?

tim/amy....i took a series of shots of the dancing seagull ...this was just my favorite of the series!

We usually rent with www.VRBO.com and pick which part of the Outer Banks we feel like staying in. For a short weekend stay the Sanderling Inn, in Duck, is beautiful and close to all points. Hope you get to the lighthouses as well.

Charlotte