Corolla Wild Horses

Missy,

What did you have in mind? It's been many years since I spent time in Corolla, but I'm somewhat familiar with the area.

i've got it in my mind that i want to photograph the wild horses that roam the beach. is there a certain time of year they roam or specific time of day?

My only suggestion is to use Google which you've probably already done. There are professional tour groups that operate for that purpose. Travel to Corolla from NOLA is not easy.

i will be in the area so getting there is a non issue!

i'm all over the google about it, tim! i love me some google!!!

In my former life I owned some development property in Corolla with my brother, and we planted thousands of dollars worth of plants along the sand dunes with the intention that the vegetation would help prevent erosion. The horses, roaming free in our area at that time, had other ideas. They ate it. }:(

josh....in that area the horses are apparently only visible by boat. i think i'm gonna stick with corolla on this trip.

tim...that's hilarious! i'm sure it wasn't funny at the time!

i'm headed that direction saturday morning...wish me luck!!

well, i went to corolla and saw hoof marks and poop, but not the beast who made the tracks and left the poop....oh well....next time!!!

the beach at corolla is pretty cool, though. you can drive on it. i didn't think i was a big fan of that until we realized it was a state highway....mile markers and all! ....crazy!!!

photos phorthcoming!!

i wouldn't do that to ya'll, tim!!!

here's a few of what i did see....

the wave hopper....

4918355352_87d1ff2835_b.jpg

i always find it funny that each beach i've been to has it's own style of shell...this is what i'm deeming the "corolla blue".....

4918356772_ccf5afef79_b.jpg

collateral damage...

4918356422_01308c5ee1_b.jpg

old faithful....

4917755867_a6a6e3eacb_b.jpg

you're welcome, dick. they ain't from st. barths, but my toes were still wet with salt water when i took the photographs! ...and as phil says, "that doesn't suck!"