The Wine Trials

Wegmans pushing Black Box.
1281611364-Screen_shot_2010-08-12_at_7.07.48_AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-08-12_at_7.07.48_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-08-12_at_7.07.48_AM.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 57
Sure is but the Wegmens that sells wine here is too far and not worth the gas when I can get it up the street almost.

They have a great wine section. They are a long drive for me too, but worth it once a month or so.

From right next to AOC Bandol this 3 litre box of rosé is about $6.50/750ml. Pretty darn good at that price. I'm not a greenie, but I admire efficiency, and box wine is uberefficient. Box wine is about 75% of weight of bottle wine and 50% of bulk. Big difference for shipping.

1281620947-2333.jpg

Attachments

• 2333.jpg
    2333.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 48
We have state stores, too, but only for spirits. The governor is trying to privatize our ABC stores to save money.

there's been talk of that for years in PA and it never happens.

JEK said:
We have state stores, too, but only for spirits. The governor is trying to privatize our ABC stores to save money.

speaking of the Wine Trials these are all in the book and I drink them regularly.

Santa Cristina Sangiovese, $12 love this wine
Stracalli Chianti, $10 not your fathers Chianti
Beringer Cab $11
Nathanson Creek Merlot $9.99 for 1.75L (decent for an everyday table wine, a bargain !
Champagne: Domaine Ste Michelle $12

JEK said:

LOL - How is stepping away from a monopoly going to save the state money?

creggers said:
yeah I paid $24.99. I have a Wegmans 2 minutes from my house be no wine sold there since I live in Nazi Pennsylvania.

The 2 Wegmans close to here has wine stores inside and it's still Pennsylvania

The Liquor Control Board is loosing up- they recently put a wine store inside a restaurant with no liquor license. Some supermarkets are now selling wine and beer and now they have a self-service dispenser beta they are trying. Small steps.

Our state stores only sell hard liquor and wine....grocery stores sell beer and wine but their wine prices are much higher than state store prices

creggers said:
speaking of the Wine Trials these are all in the book and I drink them regularly.

Santa Cristina Sangiovese, $12 love this wine
Stracalli Chianti, $10 not your fathers Chianti
Beringer Cab $11
Nathanson Creek Merlot $9.99 for 1.75L (decent for an everyday table wine, a bargain !
Champagne: Domaine Ste Michelle $12

Santa Cristina is one of our everyday wines..but we get it for 8.99 here ( when its on sale )...so is Stracalli but that too is 8.99 on sale....and I have 2 bottles of Domaine St Michele and a bottle of Whispring Angel chilling as i write this for the weekend arrival of Wendi and Lena ( Lena gets the Orangina )