Lucy Buffett's Mahi Taco's with Chipolte cream Sauce

CREGGERS

SBH Insider
this recipe was given to my by Lucy Buffett (Jimmy's sister) about 10 years ago when she had her place in Fairhope, Alabama. I've been making her recipe ever since. She published a cookbook a couple years ago and a slightly different version appears in it.

1280693006-Mahi_tacos_003__Medium_.jpg

grill fresh Mahi Mahi filets rubbed with a Chipolte taco seasoning.
Assemble taco with Mahi Mahi, black beans, Jack Cheese, and shredded cabbage. Drizzle with chipolte cream sauce.
I usually serve it with rice w/Black beans and Tostones.
Chipote Cream Sauce:
1 7oz. can of chipotle peppers in adobe sauce
1T fresh squeezed lime juice
1T fresh spueezed lemon juice
1/2 t salt
1/4 t cumin
1/4 t chipolte taco seasoning
2 Cups sour cream
put all ingredients in food processor & serve chilled

Attachments

• Mahi_tacos_003__Medium_.jpg
    Mahi_tacos_003__Medium_.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 65
OMG, the entire meal looks really great!! I am envisioning an ice cold Corona or Carib with lime with the meal. Thanks for the recipe. Where do you find chipotle taco seasoning locally?

Fairhope? Was that where Lulu's Under The Bridge was? I wanted to get there, but it was closed down before I got there.

We highlight her cook book and it is a steady seller....we also have tried many of her recipes and none have ever disappointed

Aint no fresh mahi around this part of the world though but I ve done that with striPped bass or yellowfin tuna both of which are in season now and it was just as good if not bettercause the fish was fresh

no, the new place is in Gulf Shores under the Highway 59 Bridge on the Intracoastal Waterway.
Her old place was in Fairhope.

KevinS said:
Fairhope? Was that where Lulu's Under The Bridge was? I wanted to get there, but it was closed down before I got there.

We've got to be talking about the same place. Lulu's Under the Bridge became Lulu's Sunset Grill I think. When she got pushed out of there she moved to Gulf Shores.

2.5 t chili powder
1T taco seasoning
1t chipolte powder
1/2 t salt
1/2 t cumin

Jeanette said:
OMG, the entire meal looks really great!! I am envisioning an ice cold Corona or Carib with lime with the meal. Thanks for the recipe. Where do you find chipotle taco seasoning locally?

it is a great cookbook Mike. Her L.A. caviar is to die for.

Mike R said:
We highlight her cook book and it is a steady seller....we also have tried many of her recipes and none have ever disappointed

Aint no fresh mahi around this part of the world though but I ve done that with striPped bass or yellowfin tuna both of which are in season now and it was just as good if not bettercause the fish was fresh

that's correct. I liked the old place better,it was very laid back & funky. The new one although very cool screams touristy & Jimmy.
Rita just corrected me she said the old place was in Point Clear, Al on Fish River.

KevinS said:
We've got to be talking about the same place. Lulu's Under the Bridge became Lulu's Sunset Grill I think. When she got pushed out of there she moved to Gulf Shores.