Wailers at Beachcomber!!!

MIke R

Senior Insider
August 11th.....Wendi wont be here and I am not allowed to go to Beachcomber without her unless I can find a reasonable chaperone due to my own past behaviors there....I ve asked my daughter...she is thinking about it....

gonna be a helluva show at a helluva bar on a helluva beach

I doubt I'd qualify as a suitable chaperone. I may not be allowed in anyway. How many years do you think they keep the "banned persons" polaroids?

Mike
We saw this incarnation of the group last year
It's sort of "The Wailers" ( Aston "Family Man" Barrett -bass- is the only original left), but it really isn't.
They have a lead singer, who attempts to be Marley to such an extent, that the most you can say about this band now is that it's very similar to a good Elvis impersonator,or groups that cover "the Doors" etc ,or any of the other cover bands that replicate famous bands
But The Wailers, they ain't !
On the other hand, we saw Jimmy Cliff last week,and I'm happy to say that he, along with Toots Hibbert ,are the real thing,and are still keeping roots reggae alive
So don't worry if you don't get a chaperone
You won't miss too much

Gotcha Lloyd.....will still be a rockin good party...Beachcomber has some good shows coming up....right after the Wailers is Rhett Miller from the Ol 97's who I like a lot....and they just had Kathleen Edwards from your neighborhood who I like as well

Sure the Wailers are a very watered down version of their former self..they have to be pretty much all the originals are dead..its still a great time..think super duper great cover band..you wont be disappointed.