• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Flamands Beach Vila

melambrecht

Hello folks,

I am planning my 20th wedding anniversay(secret!) for my wife and I to St Barts. 20 yrs ago we stayed on Flamand Beach in a very nice vila owned by a woman named Monique. I would love to surprise my wife with a similiar vila on the beach in late September...it was right on the ocean, the vila was cozy, open air kitchen, perfect for us, and it was a great time. Thanks for any ideas, and if Monique is still in business, please let me know.

Mark
melambrecht@earthlink.net

Mark,

Welcome to the forum! (sorry Andy)

What a sweet thing to do!

One of our regular posters is returning home today from St Barths and she stayed at a villa right on Flammands.

I'm sure you'll get great insight from her as well as others.

Good Luck!

I don't recall Isle de France being near by 20 yrs ago, I guess I am looking for something that is literally on the beach from the porch, a pool would be nice, 1 bedroom is plenty!

Thanks.

You can go to www.wimco.com and do a search on Flamands Beach for a nice listing of villas. There are also a few a short distance above the beach which have really beautiful views with a quick walk to the beach.

Here are the Flamands beach villas -- hope this helps in your quest. http://www.wimco.com/villas/villasearch.aspx?did=487&sdid=1023&br=1&pr=0&so=0&ch=False&pl=False
1280355074-Screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_6.09.00_PM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_6.09.00_PM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-07-28_at_6.09.00_PM.jpg
    240.2 KB · Views: 716
Monique owns (or at least she did 3 years ago) Villa Melissa (SIB MLI). It was recently renovated so you may not recognize the pics on the Wimco website. She did mention that she owned a couple of other properties in the Flamands area so that may not be the property that you recall. Good luck!!

I just checked with my better half and confirmed we have celebrated the following anniversaries on the Island:
20, 25, 30 and 35. We have been on the Carnaval schedule for the past few years, but think on March 25, 2012 we will be on the Island.

JEK said:
I just checked with my better half and confirmed we have celebrated the following anniversaries on the Island:
20, 25, 30 and 35. We have been on the Carnaval schedule for the past few years, but think on March 25, 2012 we will be on the Island.

Okay, I'll bite... Carnaval in 2012 is February 21. Is March 25, 2012 your 40th anniversary?

JEK said:

then our paths may just cross again on the island, pops!!!

the villa i just left (with a very heavy heart, i might add) was ecoute les vagues and it was absolutely perfect for me.

now, there is no pool, but with the beach just steps from the back door and a very long water hose with a great sprayer, i never missed the pool!

i had wanted to stay on the beach for years but my former travel companion never wanted to. well, kicked the travel companion to the curb and stayed on the beach! i will never look back!

mark, if you want more info, pm me!
-missy

on the water or on the beach are the only ways to go if you ask me....the sounds..the smells...the sights.....whats better?????>....

pool???>.whats that???.....

anything on Flamands was wiped away in a hurricane. So likely the same house is a mere memory

Eve aka coco2626 said:
anything on Flamands was wiped away in a hurricane. So likely the same house is a mere memory

That is so absolutely not true.. where do you people get these misconceptions?

oh I saw it and I thought it looked pretty bad. Guess not. Wasnt the hotel reduced rubble? My error. I just remember for years the wooden piers sticking out of the sand. 1989, Hurricane Hugo. Why does that seems so unlikely?