Willie Nelson

love Willie but I would make Angels number one and Whiskey River number two and You Were Always on my mind number three

some songs should simply never be covered as they are purely perfect in there original format by the original artist..I believe Patsy Clines Crazy is one of those songs so I wouldnt put it anyones top ten unless it was Patsy's top ten

I love Willie's version of Crazy for the reason Amy mentioned--his gravelly voice. It almost feels like a different song than Patsy Cline's version.

Two of my favorite Willie songs not on that list--You Remain (with Bonnie Raitt) and It Always Will Be.

Here's a version of You Remain from YouTube w/Sheryl Crow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRKlOEZvq20

yeah I just love Patsy's version so much I cant take to anyone else version, but yes Willie does a nice job with it

Willie's concert last night was great. At 77 he's still bringing it. He sounded fantastic and played all the greats (I'm forgetting some): Whiskey River, Still is Still Moving to Me, On the Road Again, Good Hearted Woman, Georgia on my Mind, Beer for my Horses, Blue Eyes Crying in the Rain, I'll Fly Away. MikeR, he did play Crazy as part of a medley with Funny How Time Slips Away and Night Life.

No pictures because my husband's new iPhone ran out of battery. The iPhone seems to drain its battery much more quickly than prior mobile phones.

Opening act was the Levon Helm Band. Levon Helm was the drummer for The Band, which my husband had never heard of. This led to the following exchange:

Me: Levon Helm was a member of The Band
Mr. Grey: Whose band?
Me: The Band
Mr. Grey: Willie's band?
Me: No, THE Band.
Mr. Grey: I know. Whose band?
Me. The BAND
Mr. Grey: I don't understand. WHOSE BAND?
(and so on. It was funny)

You need to get The Last Waltz on DVD and make sure your husband watches it several times and takes notes. Never heard of The Band. YEEESH!!!

Phil

Grey said:
This led to the following exchange:

Me: Levon Helm was a member of The Band
Mr. Grey: Whose band?
Me: The Band
Mr. Grey: Willie's band?
Me: No, THE Band.
Mr. Grey: I know. Whose band?
Me. The BAND
Mr. Grey: I don't understand. WHOSE BAND?
(and so on. It was funny)

I can see that:

Who's this guy?

He was in The Cure.

The Cure for what?

The Band, Cure!

The band? With Levon Helm?

I really like Willie. Too many tunes to comment on. And, too many more he wrote for others (Like, "Crazy".) Genius.

I believe this is an ole picture of that "scraggly" hero when he was writing and pumping out country hits before he hit the road.

1280550459-wn1.jpg

Attachments

• wn1.jpg
    wn1.jpg
    9.8 KB · Views: 55