• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Chicago Get together?

Eve aka coco2626 said:
was skeeter evicted?

No, but I offered.
It is pretty well known here that Dennis and I can't stand each other. That happens.
If invited, I may attend, depending on where the event takes place and also conditioned on Dennis and I sitting at opposite ends of the table. The last thing a friendly event needs is two old men fighting.
What do people think of MK or Kiki's Bistro? Something French or French-influenced would be nice.

Skeeter said:
Eve aka coco2626 said:
was skeeter evicted?

No, but I offered.
It is pretty well known here that Dennis and I can't stand each other. That happens.
If invited, I may attend, depending on where the event takes place and also conditioned on Dennis and I sitting at opposite ends of the table. The last thing a friendly event needs is two old men fighting.
What do people think of MK or Kiki's Bistro? Something French or French-influenced would be nice.

Skeeter,

I don't know you well enough to say I can't stand you. Perhaps over time.

Secondly, you don't need an invitation. Anyone is welcome.

Finally, I don't think you are old.

I was going to just say that the Chicago contingent has their issues... lol

I will go whereever you "guys in the know" decide upon.

Dennis said:
Skeeter said:
Eve aka coco2626 said:
was skeeter evicted?

No, but I offered.

Skeeter,

Thank you for the kind words.
But I still think we should sit at oppposite ends of the table.

In any case, I haven't been to Kiki's, but the location is pretty good and it gets good reviews. I was at MK about a week ago and it was very good.

Or we could go cheap and go to an Irish restaurant/bar like D4 and have high quality bar food and a great selection of beers.

Skeeter,

Let me assure you that whatver has transpired between us in this forum or in PM's is water under the bridge to me.

If you decide to come to this event, I'd offer my hand and a drink.

If you feel as though you still need to sit at opposite ends of what will probably be a small table, that's too bad.

PeteSam said:
We'd rather not have bar food.

Yes, agreed, as much as I appreciate the suggestion of a low-cost option. If I am going to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel, I would really enjoy the experience of a nice Chicago dining venue.

PeteSam, it would be really wonderful to meet your boys at some time. I need to send my son to culinary bootcamp with them for a few weeks.

Skeeter said:
Dennis said:
Skeeter said:
Eve aka coco2626 said:
was skeeter evicted?

No, but I offered.

Skeeter,

Thank you for the kind words.
But I still think we should sit at oppposite ends of the table.

In any case, I haven't been to Kiki's, but the location is pretty good and it gets good reviews. I was at MK about a week ago and it was very good.

Or we could go cheap and go to an Irish restaurant/bar like D4 and have high quality bar food and a great selection of beers.

Uh, boys, we are airing our dirty laundry in public... Might I suggest a PT?

Not everybody on the forum has aligning views, includng some Philly folks, but you kiss each other hello, break bread together and enjoy your company and evening together.

If this is assigned seating, can I sit next to Ashley and Sam, please?

Jeanette said:
PeteSam said:
We'd rather not have bar food.

Yes, agreed, as much as I appreciate the suggestion of a low-cost option. If I am going to pay for a plane ticket and a hotel, I would really enjoy the experience of a nice Chicago dining venue.

No bar food.

Pleant of time to pick a place. Depending on the weather, there are a few outdoor dining options.

What about Geoff? Is he on board?

Hey Dennis & Skeeter~ any intel on the Marriott Rennaissance (over by the river)? Todd has Marriott points and we can stay 2 nights free there.

Naha has always peaked my curiosity... You guys have so many awesome places and new hotspots, I don't even want to get started on researching it. What about NoMi terrace drinks and then moving on to somewhere else for dinner?

Geoff may or may not attend.

Don't know anything about that Marriott but I'm sure it's fine.

The Garden Patio at Nomi is our favorite place for outdoor drinks, so that is a must do!

AHowell said:
What about Geoff? Is he on board?

Hey Dennis & Skeeter~ any intel on the Marriott Rennaissance (over by the river)? Todd has Marriott points and we can stay 2 nights free there.

Naha has always peaked my curiosity... You guys have so many awesome places and new hotspots, I don't even want to get started on researching it. What about NoMi terrace drinks and then moving on to somewhere else for dinner?

Ashley, Which 2 nights - Fri/Sat or Sat/Sun?

Ashley and Dennis, The NoMi Terrace looks spectacular for drinks. I assume pre-dinner drinks will be in daylight, oui?

That is the first Saturday of football season and I may be making a trip to Tuscaloosa, AL for the first game of the season.

To clarify -- my comments were intended to be light. There is no current bad blood between Dennis and I. I look forward to having a meal with him.

With regard to the spot for dinner: What sort of food are people looking for? The places I listed have sort of French-influenced modern cuisine. I'm definitely open to suggestions though. If people can let me know what type of food they prefer, it would help. Chicago has a ton of great options.