HOUSE RULES by Jodi Picoult

phil62

Senior Insider
A favorite of the forum, Jodi Picoult, has done it again. Another page turner that is so Grisham like. I have not been able to put it down for long.

The story of an 18 year old boy who has Asperger's Syndrome and is accused of murdering his tutor. The kid is a forensics buff and the cops and legal folks he encounters are all believable.

The story of all his mom goes through in raising him and protecting him is moving.

Count your blessings, hug your kids, then curl up with a good book.

Amy

yeah that was a good one....not a great seller though....surprisingly

A Captains Duty by Richard Phillips is still far and away the book of the year for me...I've read parts of it twice....what a story, told by the man who actually went through it all with the Somali Pirates and being a hostage etc....

truly an unbelievable story

My list of books to read is overflowing!! I think I need to go back to SBH just to make a dent. Luckily all the rain we are having is giving me more time.

So, I looked House Rules up on Amazon to read the reviews. (Not that I don't trust your judgement Amy, but I wanted to hear a little more.) Funny reviews, imo, because it says that you basically know the ending from nearly the start.

I prefer novels/books written by foreign authors just for this reason. There is little to no plot. Instead of action, action, action, these books tend to be about character development. I think we all know that ultimately we will leave this Earth, but it is our character and how we act that makes an impact on the world. My favorite novels are the Russian ones. It helps me to learn about myself.

So, this looks like a perfect fit for me! Thanks for the suggestion.

Yes, I will also read A Captains Duty with such a high recommendation.

To Kill a Mockingbird is in progress.