Rose Wine choice

ccg

SBH Insider
In the new Bon Appetit I received Saturday, they have a nice article on rose wines. I am interested in experimenting while on vacation next week. What is the name of the one that the forum is always talking about? I forgot to write it down.

Thanks for helping with my shopping.

Charlotte

The two lately mentioned here are the old reliable Domaines Ott and the new is the WHISPERING ANGEL that Andy Hall let us in on recently.

Rosé. The iPhone has a nice feature-- touch the e and hold and you get a choice of accents.

Thanks everyone. Whispering Angel was the name I could not remember. Keep your fingers crossed I can find it here.

C

Si!

1279569866-photo.jpg

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 57
The thing is you have to remember which way the accent goes. I tried it on the Touch and it works the same way. Son of a gun.

Sad news, I called one of the best specialty stores in the Triangle, A Southern Season, and not only do they not carry it but they could not find anyone who did carry it in NC.

I guess I will have to wait until the 1st week in December when Bill and I arrive in SBH.

We will be in Hilton Head next week so if someone has an in to a wine shop down there, I would love to know the name.

C

Here's one you'll likely find in stores and it's what I keep in my collection:

Wine of the Week for June 28, 2010
Posted: June 28, 2010

Château Montaud Côtes de Provence Rosé 2009 (90 points, $13)
Concentrated, with an intense juiciness to the dried berry, cherry, red currant and glazed white fruit flavors. Long, vibrant finish features cream and white chocolate notes. Drink now through 2012. 20,000 cases made. From France.
-Kim Marcus

Andynap said:
The thing is you have to remember which way the accent goes. I tried it on the Touch and it works the same way. Son of a gun.

If the pitch becomes higher it is an acute accent Rosé résumé.

cc

. . . also Terres de Saint Louis, and mas de la dame -- both provencal, and get 2009 (should be the current release). And Commanderie Peyrassol, either entry level or upper -- both great.

Sorry no pics. Josh is very good.