What are you listening to right now?

I'm in a good mood...I'm not on til tonight...and I am going to the beach just as soon as I get this book order done and if this site's hooligans stop distracting me I might actually get it done by 10 oclock...LOL

JoshA said:
Listening to a slight modification of Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" which starts "We don't need no education" with modified lyrics "Hey Ayatollah! Leave those kids alone!"

Story and music video here.

August 10, 2010
Waters Says Band Can Rewrite 'The Wall' as Anthem
By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Filed at 7:55 p.m. ET

NEW YORK (AP) -- Roger Waters has no qualms about giving a Canadian band permission to tinker with the Pink Floyd classic ''Another Brick in the Wall'' for use as an anthem for young Iranians.

Toronto-based band Blurred Vision, fronted by two exiled Iranian brothers, has reworked the lyrics to express the resentment felt by young Iranians toward their government. One well-known verse was changed to ''Hey, Ayatollah, leave those kids alone!''

Waters says he encourages artists to use the song to resist all forms of oppression. He says he sees the band as playing a vital part in ''the resistance to a regime that is both repressive and brutal.''

We are jazz fans... tonight we started with Jackiem Joyner "Dance with me" "Lost in the groove" Dan Kusz.."Sailing" by Patrick Yandall.. Love's Taken Over by Nate Harism... Spencer Day "Till you come to me"...and for the nitecap Marvin Gaye "Let's get it on" It was a good night.

DELAINEANDROSS said:
We are jazz fans... tonight we started with Jackiem Joyner "Dance with me" "Lost in the groove" Dan Kusz.."Sailing" by Patrick Yandall.. Love's Taken Over by Nate Harism... Spencer Day "Till you come to me"...and for the nitecap Marvin Gaye "Let's get it on" It was a good night.

so.......did you "nap"?

gramchop said:
DELAINEANDROSS said:

Never been a kiss and teller.. prefer to tell a story and let the reader reach the conclusion
so.......did you "nap"?

"the last waltz". i taped it on MGM tonight. i hear those waltz notes from the old wurlitzer at the beginning of the show and i start to well up.......thanks phil!

Missy,

Alerte 2B is a defunct St Barth band that included the Lédée twins (Henri and Leon, original owners of Le Grain de Sel), Marcello Limodin (onetime chef at K'fé Massaï), and Jean-Jacques Kraif.

JB liked their music enough to do his own version of their original song "Autour du Rocher".

The band broke up 7-8 years ago. They put out two CDs on-island, which I doubt can be found any longer.

Les Baleines has nothing to do with La Baleine, 'cept they both refer to whales. Alerte 2B is, I think, a defunct French hurricane alert level.

DELAINEANDROSS said:

As someone who listens to jazz quasiment constamment, and who appreciates mainstream, cool, bebop, hard bop, gypsy, ragtime, dixieland, latin, swing, West Coast, etc. Virtually anything but rock-jazz and so-called smooth jazz. I just wish "smooth jazz" listeners wouldn't refer to their brand of music generically as "jazz". It drives the rest of us jazz fans crazy since to us it's elevator music. This isn't a put-down, it's just a labeling thing.

I too get FERKLEMPT whenever I hear the opening notes PLINK PLINK and know that THE LAST WALTZ is coming on-what a great farewell that was!!

I never realized that, and I thought Jimmy actually wrote an interesting decent song, I should have known better. Jimmy hasn't written anything worthwhile in many years. Too busy selling frozen shrimp and buying hotels I guess.

KevinS said:
JB liked their music enough to do his own version of their original song "Autour du Rocher".

I did, I was suprised and I also noticed JB added himself to the songwriting credits.
I'd love to hear the original version.

KevinS said:
Check the credits on JB's CD. You'll see the names that I mentioned.