What are you listening to right now?

i just looked at the iPod and the song is called "daddy-o" by joyce cooling. it's part of my sbh villa chill playlist.

Well, since you asked.

I'm just getting ready for a busy night. Huge storm rolls in. Another tree fell. Thanfully, not on the power lines, etc. this time. Get rain gear on to check all around the house before trekking out. All's cool. Couldn't get "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" out of my mind's ear as I wandered around the house and power lines as it was dumping on me.

I'll post some cheerier ones later. :up:

Mishka!! I was a little surprised no one here had any opinion either way on his music. I really like each and every CD. Found the music first then found he is one of the children referenced by JB. Mishka Frith (the Mr. Moon of Chansons Pour Les Petits Enfants fame).
I do remember Jimmy singing this last Nov. and referencing about the reggae singer.

..both PeterNJ and I like Mishka...we talked about it in here a few months ago....good stuff

QUOTE: Found the music first then found he is one of the children referenced by JB. Mishka Frith (the Mr. Moon of Chansons Pour Les Petits Enfants fame).

Interesting condsidering my dog is named after the other character in that song!

During the '99 Le Select Jubilee concert the Children of the Moon were brought on stage to sing with JB.

In the car changer right now:

Vampire Weekend: Contra
Jack Johnson To the Sea
Hold Steady: Heaven is Whenever
Warren Zevon bootleg from 1980
Stones: Exile on Main Street remastered
Easy Star All Stars: Dub Side of the Moon

Andynap said:
Pandora is good- I like how they tailor the songs to your taste- good or bad. LOL

That is their brand -- personalized radio channel. You are a satisfied customer :)

KevinS said:
Amanda Shaw - Blues de la Frontier

as in amanda amaya shaw...? from mandeville, louisiana? she and my youngest daughter were school mates in jr. high. she is one mean fiddle player.

We've got to be talking about the same woman. Amanda Shaw Website

I had some rockin' good times down on the south side of I-10 and US-90 in my younger days. I enjoy a lot of music from LA. Tonight it's Zachary Richard, with Côte Blanche Bay playing at the moment. You'll find a lot of Aaron Neville and some Neville Brothers on my iPod too.

The BP disaster reminds me of Zachary Richard's Sunset on Louisianne:

Sunset on Louisianne

When I was young and full of dreams,
My whole life in front of me.
But things are not always the way they seem,
Some dreams just don't come true.

My Papa’d been a trapper living hand to mouth,
But when I made shop foreman, I had it all figured out,
It was the answer for which I prayed
When the industry came to town.

Chorus:
Sunset on Louisianne,