What are you listening to right now?

Can somebody turn me on to some obscure Christmas stuff? I'm about over the traditional tunes and the "new" attempts are making me ill.

Christmas In Hollis Run-DMC 2:58 Hip Hop/Rap Run-DMC: Greatest Hits Darryl McDaniels, Jason Mizell & Joseph Ward

JEK said:
Fairytale of New York Kirsty MacColl & The Pogues 4:35 Rock Very Best of the Pogues

Whoa...that IS pretty obscure! I may have to listen to it a few times to get the hang of it. But...thanks, Pops!

Better when you've had a few. My kids and I like it on Christmas Eve. Helps if you are Irish.

Truth be known, I have a substantial collection of XMAS tunes. We sometimes have had da kids come in and sing as I stumbled through the chords. I usually wait 'til a week before XMAS to start playing stuff. (I ain't no Walmart or Target or whatever to rush these things.)

For a guitar take on those tunes, "Merry Axemas" CD (produced by guitar wizard Steve Vai in 1997) is a fun and happy one.

I dunno. Was searching for a song. Instead, hit this one, that I forgot about. Ripped it and played in the car at high volume. Kids at a traffic light gave me a "thumbs up." I just smiled and cranked up the volume more.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4i8b_LTSxgg

Yep. I have a "cheesy" factor in my DNA. What sounds good gives me a smile. Making money ain't a bad thing, either. ;)

The Black Keys have been mentioned here before. I have a pre-release of their new "album" that I've listened to. Their music is tasty and they seem really genuine in interviews. Hope they continue to do well. So much great stuff around to listen to and appreciate.