What are you listening to right now?

"In the Heart of the Night" Poco
"Mr. Bojangles" Nitty Gritty Dirt Band
"Carolina In the Pines" Michael Martin Murphy

I love them all.

Pieta Brown with Bo Ramsey, Calling All Angels.

Pieta Brown was the opening act for Amos Lee last night. Bo Ramsey has played backup for her on electric, 12-string, and highstring guitar for several years, and used to do the same for her father.

Here are links to two videos. The first is closer to the Audio that we all experienced last night. The second is closer to the Visual experience, and includes Bo Ramsey, but the audio quality is junk.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bh5CqzLkedo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mFyTwyiDA4o

PS: I bought the CD in the Lobby between acts. I always buy the CD.

Kevin,

Niiiiiiice! Thnx.

I also buy CDs, tshirts, etc. at concerts. I always hope that the dough goes more directly into the artists' pockets. They damn well deserve it.

Where would we be without artists and folks that express the best (and worst) of who we are?

Voosh,

The 2nd video was in part for you, so that you could see Bo Ramsey at work.

As to the CDs, I've always tried to support the musicians, especially the ones who are still earning their chops in the bars, restaurants, and clubs. Over the years, I've understood that me and a few other people buying the CD on any given night may have an impact on what's for dinner tomorrow. I always buy the CD.

Always! Support artists. Yep.

I haven't gotten to the second link. Did forward the first one to some folks.

BTW. I hate the new Firefox cacheing setup. I can grab vids quicker with other stupid tools.

yes Pieta was a nice opening act and Bo does some really cool finger picking on the electric...one of the things that is so cool about Lebanon Opera House is the artists do a meet and greet after their show in the entrance hall so we got to meet Pieta in between acts.....nice gentle person..sweet voice...and not hard on the eyes

George-a great start to my day.Merci beaucoup.

We have 3 back to back flag football games to see today-last day before playoffs begin next week. 2 Grandsons' teams are undefeated and one has but one loss-a sweet year for the boys.

Amy,

I think Jeff Beck is one of the world's great guitar geniuses. His first solo album, "Truth," is one hell of a piece of art. I've seen him play. Uses finger style "picking" for the most part. Wow! Second gold star goes for wrenching on his cars and bikes during his breaks from music.

Kevin,

Yep. Both Pieta vids are true keepers. Already saved them. Thnx.

(I'm sure Kathy will be moaning "What? You're playing that again?" Yep.)

wow....Grahm Parker and Tom Waits..two good ones I havent listened to in a long time...

Tom Waits ...Jersey Girl..great song

One night, many moons ago. We saw, in a rather small venue, Tom Waits and Jerry Jeff Walker on the same stage. A night to remember.