What are you listening to right now?

Dawg is honked off. Late night runs include a long leash, flashlight and a long range chemical spray since he had TWO encounters of the skunk kind in the last two weeks. Geez, when will he learn? When will I? Heck, it's just noodling in the woods. Wouldn't miss it.

Playing right now as we head out - "Rambling Man" by Bob Seger.

JEK said:
eddie said:
He's way too big to just appeal to boaters.
People who want to be boaters and islanders and dopers and drinkers and suntanned.

Well said!! Given we are landlocked and surrounded by flat land and cornfields here in IL. LOL I envy you water people. With a little luck and 7 more years we will find our way to water.

OK. Cleaning up here.

Playing right now off of original vinyl (Delmark DS-625) is Luther Allison. "Love Me Momma" and "Why I Love The Blues" reminded of old days (I met Luther once and recorded in same studio.) Wow! Memories.

"Bus Stop" by Hollies will be next.

Who knows what else will pop up as I clean up the racks. Spring cleaning, long time coming, is upon me.

Well, after "Bus Stop," I had to play "He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother." (EPIC PE 32061 - vinyl.)

Then onto more vinyl albums.

Patty Smyth (band named Scandal - Columbia PC 39173)

And, Alabama - "My Home's In Alabama" (off of RCA AHL 1-7170 B)

TMI? Maybe. We'll discuss it at the "office." D'accord?

in an effort to resurrect this thread....

i'm listening to "God Blessed the Broken Road" by rascal flatts this morning!

just waitin for the last of the passengers to get on board and I am about to back the boat out of the slip and I have my new favorite summer song on right now on Pandora up on the bridge

Soul of a Sailor by my man Kenny Chesney

Mike,

Just plopped in Wes Montgomery's "West Coast Blues." Solid 50s rambling the CA coasts tune.

Listening to some live Tab Benoit (good guy,) Ziggy and Young Rascals. Fun.

listening to an incredible version of Grateful Dead's Friend of the Devil by Lyle Lovett on XM

Just found an original tape of the rhythm tracks for "Bernadette." With James Jamerson kicking it out on bass. I'm speechless. A quick call to the original Motown producer confirmed it. House cleaning can be so much fun.

BTW. Lyle is one heck of a player. I got to see him and Bonnie together on stage one time. WOW!

jack emptying the dishwasher and OAR's Crazy Game of Poker

Slow day at the office

Oh did you NOT mean literally?

There's days and there are those days. It's one of those days.

I put in The Animals' "We Gotta Get Outta This Place." Kathy came in and hit the stop button and said "Play your favorite inspirational tune."

I listened and relistened to Ziggy Marley's "Got To Be True To Yourself." Kathy is a genius.

I, then, played the live version of "Let Love Take Control" by Tab Benoit.

Day's looking a lot better (thanks to Kathy and music.)

"Takin' Care Of Business" works well, too.

My wife was raised in Illinois and southern Georgia/northern Florida. She's an accomplished professional. She really wants to throw something at me when I play Gretchen Wilson's "Redneck Woman" for her. Then, she laughs. I love that laugh.

Gretchen is interesting. Great music. Radical right politics. Loves (and has played with) Heart (Wilson connection?) She abided by the Wilson sister's (Heart) request not to use their songs in political settings. Cool.