Saturday Night at Home

Dennis

Senior Insider
Heirloom tomatoes, buffalo mozzarella, sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, extra virgin olive oil, 12 old balsamic vinegar, basil.
36423_1353781881016_1125482757_30873054_1404807_n.jpg

Grilled Flank Steak marinated in olive oil, garlic, shallots, and Rosemary.

34121_1353809481706_1125482757_30873130_1089594_n.jpg

Perfection

34190_1353812601784_1125482757_30873139_7562777_n.jpg

I'm sick of Wellfleets..after a couple hundred, it gets old anyway....

I love grilled flank steak..looks magnificent

Mike R said:
I love grilled flank steak..looks magnificent

Me too.

I was a bachelor over the weekend and I was told to "eat cheap". Flank steak fits that bill.

The salad cost more than the steak.

yeah...especially when you marinate it....there is a guy in a little shop here who sells a marinated flank steak that you can take home and grill, and I cant for the life of me figure out what he uses, and he wont tell me....and it is out of this world good

I love flank steak. Lisa, not so much. That's why I made it this weekend.

This was really a paste of olive oil, garlic, shallot and rosemary that I threw in the food processor.

Salt the meat then rub the paste on both sides.

It sat in the 'fridge while I pretended to be a golfer Saturday afternoon.

You wipe the paste off then grill.

Really fantastic flavor.

Nice Old Vines Zin to wash it down.

Store bought Key Lime Pie and Navan.

then ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

WE are having london broil tonight and this is the recipe I use every time- can't make a mistake

Bloody Mary London Broil

Serves 6
Total preparation time: 40 minutes, plus 30 minutes to 2 hours for marinating before grilling

INGREDIENTS
2 cups tomato juice

1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce

3 tablespoons prepared commercial horseradish

3 tablespoons dry sherry

2 teaspoons crumbled dried marjoram

1 teaspoon crumbled dried basil

1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

3-1/2 pounds london broil, about 1-1/2 inches thick, trimmed

Vegetable oil cooking spray

DIRECTIONS
1. Stir together the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, sherry, marjoram, basil and pepper in a small bowl.
2. Place the steak in a single layer in a glass or ceramic dish. Spoon the tomato juice mixture over the meat, spreading to cover. Turn the meat to coat the other side. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or set aside at room temperature for no longer than 30 minutes. Turn the meat once or twice and return to room temperature if refrigerated before grilling.

3. Prepare a charcoal or gas grill. Lightly spray the grill rack with vegetable oil cooking spray. The coals should be moderately hot to hot.

4. Lift the meat from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the steak for 8 minutes. Turn the steak and grill for 7 to 10 minutes longer for medium rare, or until it reaches the desired doneness.

5. Let the steak rest at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing on the diagonal into thin strips.

I'll try it Andy...I usually just soak it in balsamic and EVOO....lots of garlic and Wooster sauce

Flank steak usually has no fat to soften it- the tomato juice and horseradish do that instead breaking down the fibers- the rest is just flavor.

BTW- I never saw Navan in Match- Marche has it for 11 E? Wow.

My father used to do a 7-Bone roast on the grill after two days of marinating in this "Pre-Digestive Fluid". Since it take 2 days I use a tupperware container that has a waffle iron pattern on both the bottom and the top to keep the meat from full contact with the bottom. Flip the meat or container every 12 hours.

Make this 1 day in advance and hold in an old mayonase jar in the 'frige to let it combine.

Works well with a +/- 4 to 5 lb cut about 1 1/2" thick

2 Cup Red Wine garlic vinegar
1 Cup Olive Oil
1/2 Cup A-1 or Hinze 57 or Worcestershire - any one
1 tsp unsalted meat tenderizer
1 TSP dry minced onion
1 TSP Italian Seasoning
2 tsp Garlic Powder
1 TSP liquid Smoke
1/2 tsp Black Pepper
1 TSP Dry Parsley
3-4 TSP Dijon Mustard