Press the center button 3 times and hold for rewind.

JEK

Senior Insider
Amazing what you learn when you read the manua; :)
1277930845-IMG_0103.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0103.jpg
    IMG_0103.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 67
whats a manual. I have to admit i have so much Apple stuff i don't even remember seeing earphone. I probably through them in the bag with the other 50 pair. Never use them.

I like them for phone calls. Slip the iPhone in pocket and answer with the one-click on the earphone control.

I must admit the earphone mic is quite good on the Touch. We called from SBH and people thought we were calling from home.

iPhone Voice Control Cheat Sheet v2.0
Starting Voice Control
Hold home button or headset middle button for about 2 seconds, you?ll hear a double beep and the voice control feature shows on screen.
Phone Commands
“Call”/“dial” plus name or nickname from address book. May need to add phone number type, such as “home”, “work”, “mobile”. “Call John Smith Mobile”. “Call”/“Dial” plus the number. “Dial 555 9592”.
Music Commands
“Play”/“Play music”. “Play playlist” plus playlist name. “Play playlist gym songs”. “Play album” plus album name. “Play album The Wall”. Play artist” plus artist name. “Play artist Pink Floyd”. “Pause”/“Pause music”. “Next song”. “Previous song”. “Shuffle”. “Genius”/“Play more like this”/“Play more songs like this”. “What?s playing?” (general information) “What song is this”, “Who sings this song”, or “Who is this song by” (specific information). Misc Commands “What is the time?”/”What time is it?” “Not that one”/“Wrong”/“Nope”/“No”/“Not that”. “Cancel”/”Stop” (exit voice control) “Help”

Arrrngh! My technologically-challenged wife (yes, she admits it) got a new "phone." From what she told me, she spent way too much time harrassing the store staff about what is the advantage of 3G vs. 4G and about inane features. Gotta love the patience of the folks at the store.

Then... It's a constant barrage of questions here about how to do this or that. We've been married long enough that I take it in stride. But... But...

Then, I see part of the real/perceived problem (or, do I?) -

" Peter Svensson, AP Technology Writer, On Friday July 2, 2010, 9:45 am EDT

NEW YORK (AP) -- Apple Inc. said Friday that it was "stunned" to find that its iPhones have for years been using a "totally wrong" formula to determine how many bars of signal strength they are getting.

Apple said that's the reason behind widespread complaints from users that the latest model, iPhone 4, can show a sudden plunge in signal strength when they hold it in a way that covers a small black strip on one edge of the phone. Users online have jokingly called this the "death grip" for the phone.

That drop seems exaggerated because the phone can wrongly display four or five bars of signal strength when it shouldn't, Apple said.

"Their big drop in bars is because their high bars were never real in the first place," the company said in a letter to users.

Apple launched the iPhone 4 on June 24 in the U.S. and four other countries.

Some outside engineers and users have blamed the iPhone 4's apparent reception problems on the novel design that incorporates its antenna into the case. But the company said that any phone will show reduced reception if held in a way that covers the antenna, usually mounted at the rear and bottom of a phone. It maintains that iPhone 4's wireless performance is better than previous models. And it said the incorrect signal-strength formula existed in the original iPhone, launched in 2007.

Apple, which is based in Cupertino, Calif., said it will fix its signal strength formula to conform to other AT&T phones through a free software update for iPhone models 3G, 3Gs and 4 within a few weeks.

"We are also making bars 1, 2 and 3 a bit taller so they will be easier to see," Apple said.

Despite recurring complaints about dropped calls and slow data service, particularly in the U.S., the iPhone is a standout success, with each model selling faster than the previous one. Apple said it sold 1.7 million iPhone 4s in its first three days, essentially running out of stock.

AT&T Inc., the exclusive iPhone carrier in the U.S., has faced much of the users' blame for dropped calls and poor wireless performance. Apple apologized to customers Friday "for any anxiety we may have caused.""