BYOD BYOKB Mac Mini $699

JEK

Senior Insider
Bring your own display and keyboard.

Apple releases redesigned Mac mini with HDMI port starting at $699

By AppleInsider Staff
Published: 07:00 AM EST

Apple on Tuesday updated its Mac mini desktop computer, adding an HDMI port for easy connectivity to an HDTV, as well as a built-in SD card slot for grabbing photos and videos from a digital camera.

The newly redesigned hardware is just 7.7 inches square and 4.4 inches thin. It also has a built-in power supply, which means it lacks a bulky external power brick, which Apple said means the tiny desktop Mac takes up even less space than before, with 20 percent less system volume than the previous model

"The sleek, aluminum Mac mini packs great features, versatility and value into an elegant, amazingly compact design," said Philip Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Product Marketing. "With twice the graphics performance, HDMI support and industry-leading energy efficiency, customers are going to love the new Mac mini."

The new Mac mini includes the Nvidia GeForce 320M graphics processor, which delivers up to twice the performance of its predecessor. It also comes standard with a 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo Processor, 320GB hard drive, and 2GB of RAM at the $699 starting price.
1276601397-041414-macmini.jpg
1276601414-041517-remove.jpg

Attachments

• 041414-macmini.jpg
    041414-macmini.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 67
  • 041517-remove.jpg
    041517-remove.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 72
If I was Apple I would have not put out 2 new products same day. But maybe that why Steve is a B and I am not.

Like the new, slim design.

The pricing is so wrong over here in Europe. Starts from 799 € (VAT included) which is about 975 USD today. I'll probably buy one from HK ;-)