• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Need some advice...

dnov99

SBH Member
Hi guys, we just booked our trip to St Barts in November. We are flying back on Sat Nov. 13th, on a 2:05 flight to EWR on CO. I would like to avoid using Winair, and fly on SBC. SBC has a 10:30 and a 12:00 dep out of SBH. My question is do you think the 12:00 is cutting it too close for a 2:05 flight?? Unfortunately we have to check luggage as my wife always overpacks. Thanks!!

You could make it but on a Saturday I wouldn't take a chance. If you don't want to go off site go upstairs to the Business Class Lounge- have a drink and something to eat. Relax-

I do the 1200 to the 205 CO every year...never ever a problem....and I check bags going home

its a snap...do it

Thanks guys. I am trying to be greedy and get the extra 90 min in St Barts, but I dont want the aggravation of rushing either. Does anybody know if SBC will check our bags right throught to EWR? Winair started doing it last year for us.

Hello,

Thank you to have chosen our airline!
We recommend passenger to have more than two hours for connexion in SXM (especially on Saturdays) if you have checked baggage. 10.30 flight should be better for you (and your heart).
Unfortunately, we do not have agreement for baggage to EWR, you will have to check baggage at Continental desk.

Michael

Mike R said:
I do the 1200 to the 205 CO every year...never ever a problem....and I check bags going home

its a snap...do it

Thanks Mike, I will think about it. On the way into SBH, do you take the 3:00 flight on SBC, that looks like the only flight?? Our CO flight arrives at 12:00. Thanks.

no..what I do..and for us it works out perfectly every year..is I book the 3:00, but we always end up on the 1:15...however we are carry on only going in to SXM...so we hit the Transfer desk and are at the Gate having a beer within 15 minutes of landing in SXM.....

also keep in mind..and I realize you cannot count on this, but CO seems to build in a LOT of fluff time into their posted ETA....we are almost always 15-20 minutes early into SXM....

Mike R said:
no..what I do..and for us it works out perfectly every year..is I book the 3:00, but we always end up on the 1:15...however we are carry on only going in to SXM...so we hit the Transfer desk and are at the Gate having a beer within 15 minutes of landing in SXM.....

Got it. Thanks for the advice!

I dont see the 1:15 on their website so I am guessing its sold out. We are on the 3:00 for now, if we get there early and can move up flights great, if not, no worries.

We will be down there from 11/3-11/13, staying at Villa Agave, if anyone is going to be around. Thank for all the help.

We often open a scheduled flight at 1.30 PM from SXM to SBH according the demand.

We often have SBH > SXM charter flight request around 2 PM, so our aircraft has to come back to SBH. We use this rotation to open SXM > SBH scheduled flight at 1.30 PM.
That is why 1.30 PM flight is not yet in the database.

The best way in your case is to book on the 3PM flight and sometimes check on our website if a 1.30 PM flight is created. Once it is created, you could modify (without charge, of course) your booking for the earlier flight.

MikeR has done it this week … and should be at St Barth before 2PM !

Michael