GOES Fast Entry Isn't

JEK

Senior Insider
On our first test of the GOES system at Dulles on Friday, we were both "told" by the system to report to the head of the crew line. He couldn't tell why it didn't work either. On the good news side, we were over our limit on goods by quite a bit and the Customs guy just waved us through without paying duty.

I am out of country for the first time today and of course wanted to try it on Wed. when I return. Of course Minneapolis St. Paul my point of reentry is one of the few International Airports not using Goes. go Figure

We live about 25 miles from the border with Canada. What a pain these days. Many of our friends did not get the memo that you have to have a passport or a new enhanced drivers license to cross over to visit friends. People are really getting honked about these draconian measures.

AND, none of us carry combustible crap in our underwear and we regularly cross the border (for years.) And yet, we get treated like criminals until we "show the papers." I think some of the legal pros here might have some thoughts on the concept of "innocent until proven guilty."