JEK

Senior Insider
iPad Launches Internationally to Long Lines

iPad Launches Internationally to Long Lines
Friday May 28, 2010 04:40 AM EST
Written by arn
1275047398-043233-london_500.jpg

Apple's Regeant Street Store / Photo by Rob Smith

Apple's iPad officially launched internationally overnight in 9 countries. Long lines were reported in many locations with photographs posted from Paris, Sydney, Italy and a video from Japan. According to Reuters, Apple's flagship store in Tokyo's Ginza had a line of over 1200 people waiting to buy an iPad.
"I wanted to touch it as soon as possible. I felt real excitement when it was finally in my hands," said Takechiyo Yamanaka, 19, who camped out in front of the Ginza store from Wednesday evening to be the first in line.

The iPad's international launch was delayed due to high demand in the U.S.

Attachments

• 043233-london_500.jpg
    043233-london_500.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 58
I feel like I want to jailbreak the iPad. I was having a coffee and lunch today with the iPad and I had to use iPhone to do another task. I know that Apple's vision is that you have as many Apple gadgets as you want to do simultaneous tasks but it's not very practical..

Re: iPad Launches Internationally to Long Lines

http://delimiter.com.au/2010/05/28/ipad-goes-on-sale-bondi-junction-videos/

Looks like the staff is more excited than the buyers.. or on some drug. Outsiders have nice WTF? expressions.

Not quite sure if such a yelling works outside of the US (or even in Australia). I would leave if I had to enter a store with such an awful noise.

Considering that a) on-line Applestore says just "June" for delivery, and b) Apple doesn't allow the resellers to sell iPad yet, no wonder people have to visit the few stores there are outside of the US. I can read "marketing" between the lines..