• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

All this get togethering has sparked my desire to get together here again as we did for many years for a SBH dinner here in Philly. So I propose late

andynap

Senior Insider
Philly SBH Dinner

All this get togethering has sparked my desire to get together here again as we did for many years for a SBH dinner here in Philly. So I propose late June for a SBH dinner- I am leaving the date open depending on whom can come when and depending how many where it will be. Let me know. There is time.

we had planned to come to the last one but it was cancelled due to snow... sorry we won't be able to make this one, we're in Italy. Have fun!

Andy, would you consider early June, as in Friday, June 11..
both Rosemond and I will be in town that weekend....

Re: Philly SBH Dinner

between the Cape and St Barts and the Buffett concert SBHonline get together, June is already very full for me...but we will get together somewhere I'm sure...we always do somehow

elgreaux said:
Andy, would you consider early June, as in Friday, June 11..
both Rosemond and I will be in town that weekend....

Ellen- I hope we can see both of you. Let's see how it shakes out.

Andy, thanks for the suggestion of getting the Philly crew together again.

June 11 works for me, Ellen. There were a few Philly forum folks who wanted to see you in February, so they may be open to dinner on June 11 even if the dinner lands on another night later in June. I may be taking my kids on a graduation cruise in late June...

Good - starting to get a crowd. BTW- everyone knows KenT and Mary - Mary had a very serious operation 2 weeks ago and is just out of the hospital with a very long recuperation ahead- hopefully she will be OK to make it 5 weeks from now.

I am sorry to hear about Mary. I am glad she is on the mend.

Perhaps we celebrate Lynn and Paul's trip to Italy and dine on Italian food this year. Lots of great Italian places in Philly.

June 11th would work for us...more so than later in the month. I'll keep checking in to see if that date is firm.

Thanks Andy for organizing it...where are we going?

jim

Hey Jim- don't know the venue yet- depends on the crowd. Do you like Panorama? Their wine room would fit just nice.

We might be able to do that as well....will keep watching for detail.
Thanks Andy for arranging this.

mb

Haven't been to Panorama in years. But you're right, that huge wall of wines by the glass would be a fun thing to do. For most anyway....I'll stick to gin. If it's good enough for the Queen's late Mum it works for me.

Plus, Panorama's about 2 blocks from our place!!

jim

Ahh, so Italian it is. Panorama is a great choice for Italian and very easy to reach by 95. I have never eaten in their wine cellar, but it sounds intimate and cozy for a small group. The broad offering of wine flights is a special feature of the restaurant that I always enjoy.

Coincidentally, their featured entree on the website is the same dish I ordered at last year's forum dinner at Caribou Cafe - Pappardelle con Salsa di Anitra (Pappardelle with Duck Ragu).

I will call Sonya. She and Mike RSVPd for the last Philly dinner and were disappointed not to see Ellen. Barty had also planned to attend and was staying in a pet-friendly hotel in Society Hill - just a short cobblestone stroll down the block.

I need to check my old PMs, there was also another couple who had RSVPd (the McKennas, I think) who may want to join us.

Andy, just saw this on the website.

The private dining room charge for the Wine Cellar will be waived for groups with 25 or more guests. Should attendance fall below this number, a charge of $150 plus 7 percent Pennsylvania sales tax will be applied to the final bill.