• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Still River May 8th...Last Call

I want to echo the comments already made about what a special evening we had at the Still River Cafe yesterday. As Kevin mentioned, I was with my wife and daughter and the three of us each ordered something different for each of three courses, each of which in turn was composed of three tastings. If my math is correct, that means we each tasted 27 different things, all of which were works of culinary art. I took pictures but didn't take notes so I will leave it to Kevin to describe the dishes. Just like the eskimo vocabulary expands to over fifty words for snow, so Kevin's descriptive power for food is far beyond mine.

I also enjoyed talking with many of the forum members whom I previously knew only by their handles. Mike R is actually quite reasonable in person, even about hoops (although he thought Duke was overrated) and I had a great time talking with him. Big thanks to Big Mike for creating this event. Loved meeting Lena in person - a very responsible young lady.

I'll echo Julia's comment about the centrality of Kara and Bob to the evening's proceedings. They created the community by starting SBHonline, then created the Still River Cafe and last evening the enterprise came full circle when the community and the SRC came together in a fun, harmonious gathering. We also had a great time talking with Julia and Dan and discovering, among other things, that we both have offspring who studied at Duke. Also loved meeting and talking with Kara even though she was a bit harried due to a busy evening.

Other random discussions from last evening: Debd and Jac regarding cameras and Provence; ChasBidd regarding old St. Barts when he showed his photos from long ago (paradise lost?); coco2626 regarding St. Martin; Martin S regarding fly fishing in the Caribbean. Too brief meetings with the rest: Lloyd and Pat, Steve and Libby, etc.

Loved the evening.

A few photos:

To our right:
P1000337.JPG

To our left:
P1000338.JPG

Out the windows:
P1000339.JPG

Lobster amuse trio:
P1000340.JPG

Mussel trio:
P1000342.JPG

Gnocchi sweetbread trio:
P1000344.JPG

Lobster 3 ways:
P1000345.JPG

Duck 3 ways:
P1000346.JPG

Beef 3 ways:
P1000347.JPG

Looking at ChasBidd's scanned slides of yesteryear on SB:
P1000348.JPG

Chocolate and cream 3 ways:
P1000349.JPG

Creme Brulee trio:
P1000350.JPG

good to see you got home safe and sound Josh....and please dont divulge that I am reasonable in person......it will kill the image..LOL

speaking of images....that Lloyd can sure accessorize now cant he??

1273452185-landm.jpg

Attachments

• landm.jpg
    landm.jpg
    166.3 KB · Views: 48
chart house is a good selection and there is a an off the wall breakfast joint with maryland lump crab omeletes ... OMG .. wish i could remember the name ... very popular for locals ... as good as the lobster omletes in york maine .. bon appetite..

Chas you captured the happiness in the room. Is it possible to add names down the road? My favorite, Mike and Wendi's Lena. That girl pushes all my buttons!

Have at it!
1273492781-Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.44_AM.jpg
1273492799-Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.59_AM.jpg
1273492831-Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.58.11_AM.jpg

Attachments

• Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.44_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.44_AM.jpg
    327.1 KB · Views: 32
  • Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.59_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.57.59_AM.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 31
  • Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.58.11_AM.jpg
    Screen_shot_2010-05-10_at_7.58.11_AM.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 32
What the heck,,, it's Monday and I've only made it as far as NewPort, RI......... Mansion tours today,,,, yawn,,,,,,,,

We enjoyed the Mansion tours and the Cliff walk along the water in back of them- Beechwood-the Astor Mansion was very interesting- a local acting troupe gave the tour and sang and danced the 30s away.

ok..here goes..from left to right....

Helen (JoshA's lovely bride )

Lib Troyer and Jim ( Coco2626's hubby )

Susan ( JasB's lovely bride )

JasB

Lib Troyer and Jim

Julia, JasB and Susan

Julia and John Cuttino

Some grouchy old man in bad clothing

Lisa, MartinS and Kevin

My Little Angel

Somebody ready to launch a belch

MartinS Lisa and a freeloader who snuck in

KevinS, MartinS, Lisa

Two hot chicks...thank God genes come dominant and recessive...Kate trying to sneak out of the photo - but we got her anyway

the infamous Lloyd and Pat

Ralph and Tina

Dan ( Julias hubby ) and Jac ( Deborah debd's hubby )

An intruder who had to be forcefully removed from the premises

HelenA

JoshA

Sharon ( Josh and Helens daughter )

John Cuttino and Steve Troyer

Eve ( coco2626 ) and Steve Troyer

Steve Troyer and John Cuttino

Lib Troyer and Carolyn Cuttino

Wonderful photos, Chas, of a most memorable evening. Thanks for taking them & posting them
(Thanks to JEK the technical magician, too). I'll have to put my Flip stuff on the computer at some point(not sure I picked up much sound but I did get some nice footage) and see if I can get a link up.