• This is an archive of older St Barts forum topics and posts.
    Information in this sub-forum may be out of date.

If you are researching schedules or time sensitive materials, go to the main forum and ask other members for confirmation.

Hi again 10 days before I leave for St-Barts Just wondering if there's a beer/wine/liquor store in St-barts? or is all of this available at the gro

Ouija

SBH Member
Liquor store...

Hi again

10 days before I leave for St-Barts

Just wondering if there's a beer/wine/liquor store in St-barts? or is all of this available at the grocery store?

I'm specifically looking to buy "Blue Curacao" .. is that available on the island? it is from France!

Thanks

Re: Liquor store...

Actually there are no liquor stores, but most (all) wine/grocery stores sell wine and liquor. The old Match has changed ownership and is now Marché U and I hear that liquor brands are lacking.

I'd say there are wine shops which are different from the grocery stores, although all the grocery stores sell wine. I would also consider a place like Segeco to be a liquor store... and they sometimes have some unusual things like single malts that the grocery stores don't carry...

I would also say that all grocery stores sell liquor, which is a sensible departure from the state stores we have in Virginia. Now, some stores are better at liquor than others . . .

Re: Liquor store...

While le gout du vin isn't a liquor store I think (not positive) they have some hard stuff and right now the entire store is 25% off. With the discount the prices are fairly good by US standards.

It might be worth a look.