AT&T restricting employees from taking vacations in June

JEK

Senior Insider
AT&T restricting employees from taking vacations in June

By AppleInsider Staff
Published: 12:55 PM EST

Apple's fourth-generation iPhone could go on sale as early as June, according to a new report which mentions that AT&T has blacked out the month for vacation days in apparent preparation for the handset's launch.

"Same story as last year and the year before, but we’ve confirmed with multiple AT&T sources that the carrier has now put a block on employees taking vacations in June," wrote BGR's Boy Genius. "The only time AT&T does a straight block like this is for iPhone launches. What’s interesting is, if AT&T is blocking June, perhaps the iPhone will launch a little earlier than July this year."

No further details were reported.

In years past, Apple has used its Worldwide Developers Conference in June to introduce new versions of the iPhone before making them available for sale between two and four weeks later.

Although Apple has yet to announce its 2010 developers conference, rumors have suggested that a span between late June and early July appears most likely. Interestingly, however, the past two WWDCs have been announced by Apple in March (1, 2), leading some to speculate that this year's event may take place at a later date given that we're halfway though April with no official word from the company.

Didn't SJ say late June for 4.0 OS? Seems odd we would not get OS upgrade the day new phones are released? You getting new hardware or just OS? I had not planned to buy new hardware OS seemed to be all I needed.

I want it all. I want it now. The new camera, avec flash, will be worth it for me.

I am sureit will rival my nikon speedlight 600. I guess I missed the details. Besides the flash anything else. From a hardware perspective?

All is rumor of course. Faster processor, HD resolution, front facing camera and iChat. Again all rumors, but much of that comes from digging through the 4.0 code and settings by the curious smart guys.