The World's Best Hotel Bars

JEK

Senior Insider
I've been to a couple and I'm heading for two more next month!

1271444010-besthotelbars.jpg

Attachments

• besthotelbars.jpg
    besthotelbars.jpg
    307.1 KB · Views: 64
Oh the places you will go! Great cities all. Any time to enjoy or is this work stuff?

First assignment is going to the 3:3:1 plan. LW shops, cooks and cleans 3 days 3 days for me and then a dinner out. I'm queueing up all my Mac N Cheese recipes that she hates just to tease her. She has no idea what she is getting into with me underfoot :)

The Hemingway Bar at the Ritz is a great place for a drink after dinner. It is like a maze finding the way back there, which is part of the charm.

Good for you JEK! Maybe along the way, they will have a new "volcanic martini" at one of those bars!!! :)

One story from the Hemingway Bar: We sat down at a table, and the bartender spoke to us in French and handed us menus in French. He came back to take our order and we tried to indicate what we would like, and then the waiter realized we spoke Engish and not French. With a slight flourish, he took the menus from our hands, saying with a British accent "This won't do at at all!" and came back a seoond later with menus in English. Odd, but very charming.

Another note -- The Meurice is about two blocks from. It is a beautiful hotel in a great location. The jacuzzi area is really interesting.

yeah sounds like a great trip...Wendi and I have one in the works that is sort of similar.... she shows me "her France" for a week and than I show her "my Italy" for a week...just dont know when we can pull it off, but we have vowed to somehow do it

Mike, a good start. Keep talking and saving and one day you will do it. Planning is just the beginning for making dreams come true.