Reasonably priced hardware and 3G service with no contracts
Great potential as a gaming machine

Pros:
Early adopters will wade through several software updates
Focus on HTML5 makes Flash a temporary issue for those who need it
Some familiar features missing or require relearning how to do things
Not equipped to do video conferencing

Full article, very balanced and informative

Yes, those Apple software updates are so difficult. Its always fun to watch writers look for something negative.

He writes that the iPad is only 3G but Apple's specs say it's GSM/EDGE as well.

I was just thinking that what a wonderful Skype-platform iPad would be. Just put it on a stand, you hear and see the other end, they'll hear and see you with the camera. A perfect video conferencing tool. What's missing?

Petri, good catch I only read the JEK summary so far. Jobs etal are brilliant people and it not like they just say oops we forgot that. I think they have to leave out major items in Gen 1 so that those of us who can't stand not having the newest, best toys will buy. I have every iPod, iT ouch generation ever made. I also have 3 generations of MacBooks. You and JEK will not believe this but my first iPhone was the 3Gs. What restraint. I still carry a BB though because of my need for multiple eneterprise servers. I also have had a new Blackberry every year for as far back as the non-phone blackberrys. All that said, they know they have plenty of people out there just dying for next Gen and they know how to play us.

Our Fine Finnish Friend has a love-hate relationship with Apple, but love usual wins out in the end :)

Petri please be like more JEK and myself just buy it all. I admire your restraint although yesterdays offer of Free shipping by JEK was tempting.