I guess in a word, I would have to sum up our trip as: fun. We stayed in Shoal Bay villas for 4 nights, and our room was literally (on the 2nd floo

LindaP

Senior Insider
Trip report

1269962108-lobster.jpg
1269962314-me_on_Gotcha.jpg
1269962361-Bill_and_Kara.jpg
1269962380-Straw_Hat.jpg
1269962402-shoal_bay.jpg
1269962445-feet_looking_at_sxm.jpg
1269962471-moonsplash.jpg
1269962519-Bankie.jpg
1269962532-Gregory_Isaacs.jpg
1269962554-sunset.jpg
I guess in a word, I would have to sum up our trip as: fun.
We stayed in Shoal Bay villas for 4 nights, and our room was literally (on the 2nd floor) above the beach. easy access to the beautiful white sand.
We had a lot of good food, and BBQs....I had a lot of different fish, including: trigger fish, butter fish, mahi-mahi, lobster, crawfish, shrimp, mussels.....we went to one roadside BBQ place; the Pit Stop, where I had some great whole grilled fish and johnny cakes.
Anyway, our main reason for the trip, was of course, Moonsplash. So, we ended up moving into Cusinart for the last 2 nights to be closer to Bankie's. Beautiful place!
Saturday night was the big show, and Macia Griffith was awesome. Unfortunately, Bankie being Bankie, was behind timewise.....and Gregory Isaacs (who was originally schedulled for 10pm, didn't go on, until 1 am.
He did "Night nurse", but then only sang for about 45mins.....I think he was a little pissed. But, our daughter told us, that the locals said he is sick....so I'm not sure whats going on there. Still, it was awesome to hear him play.
A very fun time, on a very friendly, different island.

Attachments

• lobster.jpg
    lobster.jpg
    454.8 KB · Views: 68
  • me_on_Gotcha.jpg
    me_on_Gotcha.jpg
    329.8 KB · Views: 67
  • Bill_and_Kara.jpg
    Bill_and_Kara.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Straw_Hat.jpg
    Straw_Hat.jpg
    388.8 KB · Views: 70
  • shoal_bay.jpg
    shoal_bay.jpg
    348.3 KB · Views: 68
  • feet_looking_at_sxm.jpg
    feet_looking_at_sxm.jpg
    324 KB · Views: 67
  • moonsplash.jpg
    moonsplash.jpg
    421.8 KB · Views: 66
  • Bankie.jpg
    Bankie.jpg
    334.9 KB · Views: 65
  • Gregory_Isaacs.jpg
    Gregory_Isaacs.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 69
  • sunset.jpg
    sunset.jpg
    332.6 KB · Views: 66
Re: Trip report

looks awesome..been too long since I've been there...got to get back one of these days....

Re: Trip report

Now thats a Lobster!! Thanks for the pics..Boy the Splash has grown since my last time I went to it...Hows the erosion down by Gwens..Very sad to see..Nothing better than BBQ on AXA!!!

I don't think I know who Spraka is, Amy? The only other band we saw (besides those in the splash) was the band with the guy with the "pith helmet" on....in one of my pics. The bands name was the "Musical Bros.",they were really great! They rocked out at the Pumphouse, we danced all night!
Oh wait.....we did see a band at Gwen's, don't know their name, but they had some cool homemade instruments, one out of a railroad tie, one a half-curved metal-like-grater, that they played with a pick( hair comb)!!!! Crazy!
Peter, we went to Johnno's one night, and it was closed, at the Pumphouse I was looking forward to the Belgium beer they have on tap, but they were out, so I settled for a rum punch. :)
Yes, the erosion is bad at Gwen's, the palm trees are all showing their roots.....but she definately , hands down, has the best rum punch on the island......love the fresh nutmeg!!!
And, I guess the Mojito I had at Cusinart's beach bar wasn't so bad either!!!!
And I guess I really can't say what I had at Bankies!!!!

Here's some crazy pics, of Pumphouse fun and Gwen's!
1269989096-rum_punch_at_Gwen__s.jpg
1269989129-kara_with_dreads.jpg
1269989149-me_dancing_at_the_Pumphouse.jpg
1269989199-Gwen__s_band.jpg

Attachments

• kara_with_dreads.jpg
    kara_with_dreads.jpg
    314.3 KB · Views: 63
  • me_dancing_at_the_Pumphouse.jpg
    me_dancing_at_the_Pumphouse.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 65
  • Gwen__s_band.jpg