Thread: Apple: CY 2010 iPad Units Could Hit 10M, Morgan Stanley Says

SBH Insider Joined: Feb 2008 Posts: 11,049

Apple: CY 2010 iPad Units Could Hit 10M, Morgan Stanley Says

By Eric Savitz
    Apple (AAPL) iPad suppliers are currently forecasting shipments of 8-10 million units in calendar 2010, up from prior expectations of over 5 million, according to Morgan Stanley analyst Katy Huberty. She says suppliers expect to ship 2.5 million iPads in the first three months - and notes that every 1 million units generates about 25 cents a share in profits for Apple. That, she says, sets the stage for “significant earnings upside” in the June quarter.

Huberty writes that the Street “under-appreciates” the longer-term iPhone/iPad demand, and that Apple has the potential to eventually reach 10% of handset market share - 25% of smart phone share - in 3-4 shares. If that happens, she says, Apple can generate $23-32 a share in iPhone EPS, depending on pricing and margin strategy.

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderd...d=yahoobarrons
    "St. Bart's is Crack for Vacations." Credit given to EDW

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,669

Re: Apple: CY 2010 iPad Units Could Hit 10M, Morgan Stanley Says

They have started to ship

Attached Images Attached Images
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

Mine was picked up in China this AM and is now on the way.

Senior Insider Joined: Jan 2004 In the ether . . . Posts: 51,669

Maybe you can bribe your UPS guy to give it to you early :) I'm looking forward to the store experience.
    The Marius 100th Birthday Party -- June 5, 2023

I was thinking of calling UPS and changing to overnight by giving them my UPS account #. I have done this before with Fedex but not sure if UPS would do it. I can't imagine UPS would be allowed by Apple to change it.

Next stop is usually Alaska on the Apple Journey for clearance. My guess they will get to a regional distribution point and then sit for a few days. There is no way they want them out early.

I had always thought they would not ship until 4/1 so they would not report any iPad revenues this qtr. Clearly once tendered to UPS they will have to take all of this into this qtr.s earnings.