Radio Transat & Radio St Barth on iPhone

KevinS

Senior Insider
There's a free iPhone app called FStream that allows you to play radio stations that are streamed on the Internet on an iTouch or iPhone via wi-fi, or on an iPhone over your mobile carrier.

You can find the application at FStream at iTunes.Apple.com

Here are a few screen shots of how to configure the two stations in FStream:

1269797066-web.jpg

Radio Transat configuration

1269797097-Radio_Transat.jpg

Radio St Barth configuration - The full URL is http://str81.streamakaci.com:9420

1269797161-Radio_St_Barth.jpg

The encoding, for these stations, doesn't seem to make a lot of difference.

Attachments

• web.jpg
    web.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 64
  • Radio_Transat.jpg
    Radio_Transat.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Radio_St_Barth.jpg
    Radio_St_Barth.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 64
Thanks Got it and have no trouble with Transat but can't get RSBH to Play any ideas

Re: adio Transat & Radio St Barth on iPhone

Yet another example where multitasking for 3rd party applications would make sense..

I should note that any of the four audiostreams listed above can also be opened in iTunes. Click on Advanced, then click on Open Audio Stream, and then paste one of the above URLs into the box. Overall, between the PC and the iPhone, I've had a very "Radio Transat" day.

Re: adio Transat & Radio St Barth on iPhone

Slightly off base, but... Why is Winamp going into "buffering tail-chasing" these days with Transat? I used to get clear hearing. Now it burps all the time. (Winamp seems rather shifty since the AOL kiss-of-death.)

And yes, I have the latest version of Winamp, downloaded this morning, and it hiccups. Should I look for new software so I can hear stuff on our desktops here? Suggestions?