petite sororité dans la Nouvelle-Orléans

GramChop

Senior Insider
look who conquered the frozen tundra and flew into nola for a 36 hour layover...

day one/hour one:

4353616405_9d54905db2.jpg

more beers and more beads later:

4353616645_93079d4383.jpg

meeting up with two very quiet friends on bourbon street:

4353617243_b08c4a1f3c.jpg

after getting home at 4:30am, trust me, you don't want to see THOSE photos!

more to come!

merci, mikeR!

the junie is wearing me out!!!! i'm too old for this biz wiz!!!!

and more parades tonight!!!!

My little stay outs-keep having fun and using common sense. BE CAREFUL. You can still have fun, you know. Hugs, bisous, Amy

we had such a great time. it was freezing and the wind was blowing like mad, but we braved the elements!

let me just say, bourbon street during mardi gras is a "once in a lifetime" experience! i wouldn't do that for just anybody!!!

we decided against watching parades today and tonight for a quiet dinner and conversation!

gramchop said:
we had such a great time. it was freezing and the wind was blowing like mad, but we braved the elements!

let me just say, bourbon street during mardi gras is a "once in a lifetime" experience! i wouldn't do that for just anybody!!!

we decided against watching parades today and tonight for a quiet dinner and conversation!

lightweights

...and proud of it, mikeR!!!!! party gras (the act of partying at mardi gras) is hard work...especially for "cougars" like us! (you'll have to ask alisa about THAT story!)

..........Missy,, you must be holding Alisa back.... I have traveled with Alisa for many many years, from St. Barts to Seattle and back and I know she is not going sit back for conversation during Mardi Gras,,, no way ...

sorry martin! that part of the party is over! she left this morning at the crack of dawn!

i missed my window of opportunity to get into my neighborhood before the parades started this afternoon after church. my car is parked about 5 miles away and i had to walk home! i did stop and catch some beads, drank a beer from somebody's cooler before making my way home. i'm headed out again to catch "bacchus"...the biggest and the best parade (imho) and, hopefully, find my way back to my car! if not tonight, there's always tomorrow. fortunately, we have beautiful weather here in the who 'dat nation! life is good!

hey alisa...if you read this....merci beaucoup for an outstanding weekend! let's synch our calendars and make it happen again very soon!....next time we'll go to that "famous bar"...you know the one!