BVI Jan 2010 part 1

Josh,
Great photos and report. We stayed at Biras about 7 yrs ago....isn't it fun biking down to the beach? Did you get to the Sandbar, and sit in the adirondack chairs for a drink? Also, Saba Rock.....we took our little dingy over to it, crazy!
We also stayed at Peter Island, about 2 yrs. ago....loved it there. We met some great people staying at both places, I guess thats part of the fun at an "all-inclusive island".
The BVI is definately a beautiful place to explore. Glad you had a great time.

Thanks, Linda. Sounds like you stayed at the same "private islands" we did and I definitely agree about the great people we met. There were people from the US, of course, but also from UK and, surprisingly, several regulars from France who prefer it to SB.

Josh how was the Resto at Frenchmans?? Is it still round,opened sided place?? Or did they change it during renovations?? Do you have any pics other than you posted of Frenchmans Cay??

Peter: I have a few photos of Frenchmans. This is a small place with only a few rental units above tennis courts, the restaurant, a pool, and a small beach. The units are up a hill from the beach:

4317156876_efdc26edf9_o.jpg

They are very nicely outfitted.
4317147434_81fd697022_o.jpg

The pool
4316414583_83158fda68_o.jpg

is next to the beach.
4317155262_43faccdc79_o.jpg

BTW, I should mention a real disappointment is that the Watermark restaurant at the resort, which received awesome reviews on trip advisor, is no more. They couldn't get enough business to make a profit. They are filling in with less ambitious catered dinners on some nights and simple breakfasts. Still, the owner and staff are wonderful and helpful and we very much enjoyed staying there.

Thanks Josh,great pics...Too bad about the Resto being closed...When we were there before the renovations,the food was great...Every Thursday they had a Buffet w/West Indian fare...That property is a gem,no doubt...Almost like your own Private Island how it jets out to a point,surrounded by water...Thanks for bringing back great memories!