Anyone have any experience with one of these? A buddy of mine swears by it and I thinking of getting one even though I have a big built in Viking natu

JEK said:
1264788109-grill_copy.jpg

Now, That's a fire!

Great Work!

We have owned one for 6 years. Haven't gone out for a steak since. Nobody but my man can grill one better.
It is the last grill we will ever buy. We tease our girls that someday they will fight over who will inherit the grill. Never needs cleaning as you just fire it up good and hot and everything burns off.
The lump is reusable so a bag last some time.
We make pizza's, bread, smoke cheese, pepper poppers, veggies and the obvious meats of all kinds. It holds heat like you can't believe. We put a pork butt on in the evening and let it cook all night long. Holds the temp and is delicious.
The forum for BGE has great info and a great place to get recipes etc.
I would advise building or buying the cart. Jim built the cart. The only thing we would have done differently is put tile on top.
Yes we love our egg!! :) Oh ya, how could I forget ribs??? I can't say anymore but if ya get one we have the recipe!! The best.

Dizzy Pig Rubs are fantastic. We use most of them.
We also use stoneware which I had from Pampered Chef for our pizzas and the loaf pan for bread.
Can anyone say they can make dessert on their grill. You can on the BGE.

Smoked Salmon...........yum

Love my eggs!

Had a nice weber gas grill and it now sits in back of the shed since the eggs.

Mike, it is a great smoker because the heavy ceramic insulates so well. A charge of lump lasts easily 10-15 hours and because so little heat is needed to keep it hot, very little moisture is lost. The best pulled pork comes out of it!
I also use a BBQ guru for long smokes.
Here is a bad shot of my Big green egg and the little green egg. (great for quick small grilling.)
1264860420-bge.jpg

1264865474-DSCN5270_2.JPG
Backyard BBQ by the pool. Friends, drinks and excellent food. Come on summer.

Ok why didn't my pic post??

Attachments

• DSCN5270_2.JPG
    DSCN5270_2.JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 85
I got my BGE last week and have cooked on it 3 times now. What a grill! Quick to start and uses very little charcoal. Very even cooking.

That's funny- I just replaced the burners and flavorizer bars on my Genesis and grilled lamb chops last nite. No charcoal-ever- LOL

I grill all year round..and have a charcoal..a thermonuclear gas..and a smoker

the BGE will combine two of them into one