Accommodations in Provence

ssdssi

SBH Member
We are planning for our 1st trip to Provence in April. We have been renting a villa in SBH for years and love it so much more than staying in a hotel. We are hoping to do the same this trip, but it is very difficult to be comfortable renting a place without recommendations. We want to stay near Avignon (maybe St. Remy) or Aix-en-Provence. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

ssdssi...if i'm not mistaken, jacque, the gustaf bartender, has family in (or near) provence and they own a bed and breakfast. you can probably reach him via the carl gustaf, if you're so inclined!

I'm going with a group of friends to stay here Moulin de la Roque later this year. As you can see, it is very close to Avignon.

Even though I haven't been there yet, it comes highly recommended. The owner's companion, Gabrielle, is an American and is the friend of a friend of mine.

It may be worth a try... Good luck in your search!

Toni, what a fabulous looking place! I read the description and it sounds lovely...If you haven't read A Year in Provence, you should before you go!