Silverton

And then there's Telluride ... staircase, anyone? Steamboat is my all time favorite tho. And yes, Vail is just too, too. Used to be grand. Now, w traffic lights indicating wait times at various lifts feel like I'm in a traffic jam wherever I go, even in bowls.

MAMMOTH MT, CA. there is no equal. Where else in the U.S. can you ski all day and never ride the same lift twice

plenty of places...Vail for one...Killington for two...

and Mammouth gets what we in the business affectionately call Sierra Cement for snow.....LOL

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I guese they have added lifts to Vail since I was last there in the 80's. I do like Telluride but it has one problem in the spring, half the mountain faces west north west and gets pretty slushy in the afternoon. But I love staying at the Victorian Inn.

fins85258 said:
JoshA said:
Wow, no! Nothing like that at Wolf Creek. Maybe Silverton.

By the way Josh, that was Mammoth

Extreme terrain for sure! I've never been there but would like to. Other places like that: Squaw Valley, Jackson Hole, Snowbird, Crested Butte, Silverton, Telluride, Taos ..... You might be out of bounds or in hike-to terrain

Some of the skiers I saw at Jackson did amazing things like jump off one snow patch onto another and a third before getting to what normal people consider skiable terrain. Corbett's is like that: one large step but then it's ok - meaning really, really steep. It's really hard if there isn't enough snow on the ledge about halfway down to cushion your leap. I skied around it. You can also go off the back in really deep stuff if you go with a guide or know enough to put a car where you can hike out.

Mike R said:
plenty of places...Vail for one...Killington for two...

and Mammouth gets what we in the business affectionately call Sierra Cement for snow.....LOL

I have it from a good source that what your doing now days in NH is more like ice skating down hill. And I can't believe that Karen never sharpens her skis, I keep mine like razors.

it was ok today...on the north side....but yeah its getting rubbed off..we need some refreshment soon for sure.....

but Fins..after 8 years in Colorado, skiing 100 days a year, there are few days here in New England I would say I am completely and perfectly happy with....

and I agree.. my skis are razor sharp with a 1 degree bevel..they get tuned weekly

Karen didn't quite nail the landing on that front flip at Wolf Creek but the tree skiing was a blast

1263438839-DSCN0061__Medium_.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN0061__Medium_.JPG
    DSCN0061__Medium_.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 263
Mammoth IS the place -- abs loved the mtn at Thanksgiving. Anyone like Pallavacini at A Basin? That is one of my short faves. And Wolf Creek? big thumbs up. Was a tele skier when I went there, but it was awesome. Baldy, however, since it does happen to be in my back yard, and it's a GORGEOUS day out, will get me for a few runs in a few minutes -- just finished work and headed out for a little exercise.